Chapter 14 The Hunting

I walked into the woods and looked at my surroundings, I started grabbing vines hanging of the sides of a small cave that's about ten feet long. I then braided the vines into a rope, I make my way to a stream and climb a tree in hopes of grabbing a good sized branch.
JAKES POV
She walked into the unknown terrain like she had everything thought out. As she walked she twisted her feet so it covered her tracks. Ruby found a small cave and took the vines off the sides and braided them. Then she walked over to a stream and started climbing a tree.
"Why is she climbing a tree?" Don asked checking the cameras
"Watch and find out." Matt said
She grabbed a long thick branch from the tree and put it between her teeth. She jumped down and walked over to the stream. God she's gorgeous, gorgeous isn't even close, it can't even start to describe how stunning she was.
RUBYS POV
After I grabbed the branch I walked over to. The stream and stood next to a boulder, I bent the branch and started scraping it in a downward motion so it would make it easier for the arrow to scrap along it. I tied the vine one both sides of the long branch, I then grabbed some smaller branches and scraped them until the sides were smooth as I could get it. I grabbed some small sharp rocks and tied them to the small branches that I smoothed out with the left over vines.
But here is where I did the best thing, I went to the cave and started a small fire inside. Luke thinks I'm getting rusty so it'll be easy to 'capture me' while I set up the real trap upstream. After the fire was stable I started my trek upstream. I have about two minutes until the sun goes down and Luke comes to play.
LUKES POV
"Damn she's good." Matt said clicking one of the buttons on the panel to keep track of Ruby. She was able to make a bow out of vines and branches, make arrows, and a fake hideout in less than thirty minutes. She was heading upstream now, the sun was setting and her dark chestnut hair looked red as the sunlight fades over through the trees. She was smart, skilled, and damn was Levi screwed.
"I think Levi is gonna regret going up against her."'I say watching her was through the water uphill.
"He'll wished I'd let her stay on the roof!" Don said chuckling
"I'm happy you didn't." I say without taking my eyes off the screen.
RUBYS POV
I set up a tripwire from vines I found inside the cave, on the ground everywhere near the opening in the trees so when he triggered one all of them would be triggered and he would be trapped, I covered them over with mud and leaves. I then grabbed my shirt and took it off. I rolled in the mud then shook off the unneeded chucks. I put back on my shirt then did the same to my leggings but I didn't take them off, to much time would be wasted. After I finished that went near the stream and grabbed the red mud and scooped it in my hands. I smeared it on the right side of my face from the top of my forehead to my jawline, it left four lines. I picked up my bow and climbed up a tree and waited, it was dark and I only had the moonlight to work with, truthfully I like working in the moonlight. I trained myself to adjust my eyes to the darkness without have to wait for them to adjust. Luke doesn't know that though, he doesn't have to know.
*snap*
That's what gave him away, a single little twig. I knew exactly where he was. At least five feet behind the tree I was in. I don't dare to look around because if I do I'll slip. I see Luke walk into the middle of the tripwires and he fell to his knees, the vines holding him in place, I aim my bow at the SnapBack on his head, pull back the makeshift sting and release. The hat flys off and I jump to the ground. I run to him and aim another arrow at him. He looks at me then at the vines wrapped around his legs.
"Well done Blaze. Well done."
JAKES POV
I look at her eyes and in the moonlight they look silver, she had a look of the hunter, no that's not right, a killer. Like she was going to kill him. I have believed it to unless she got his SnapBack instead of his head. She has such good aim, like hella good aim. She can fight, it's like it runs in her veins. Like she's done it before, well of course she has, on the car ride here she told me this is the 57th Hunting. She can fight, she's a Warrior.
RUBYS POV
"Captain Blaze, Benson!" I yell dropping my weapon to the ground
"Now, untie me and let's go." He said looking at me
"No, I'll cut the vines but you have to count to forty and if I'm not out you can still hunt, or it's not a true win. That's the rule we set, don't go breaking it now, Benson." I say looking into his eyes. He nods and I cut the vines. I put my bow over my shoulder and start running following the sound of the stream. I get to the end of the stream and run south. The van isn't far. I count in my head. 35,36,37, the van! I run to it and open the doors. I run into Jake's arms and he spins me around. I look up and he says "your a Warrior."
I reply with "it runs in the family." And kiss him
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OMFG! Ruby is a fucking Warrior! Badass over here!
Besides the book, on 11-4-14 I fucking met Taylor Caniff! My first of 12! I'm so fucking happy! He was so sweet and he hugged me and almost didn't let go! He told me happy birthday! (It's on Nov 7th) I loved every second of it!
Q:who's your favorite? (And if you don't like any of them cuz your not obsessed I won't judge chu!)
A: mines Nash! 😘😍😍