Chapter 19 Flooding Back

I go upstairs to my room and change into some jeans and a nice top. I head back downstairs and we sing happy birthday to Danny, then Don puts on the tv channel that plays music. We danced for about an hour, Jake said he didn't want to celebrate with us, I think I really hurt him. A song, I really familiar song starts to play, I look up at the tv and see the title of the song, angle with a shotgun. Oh my god. I remember everything. Matt walks over to me, "you ok?"
"I fucked up so bad, so bad, why didn't you stop me? Why didn't you?" Is all I said to him before running to Jake's room, the door is locked.
"Jake, please open up. Jake please, I know your in there. Open up please." I banged on the door
"Jake please, I-I remember the day, the day you blasted Angel with a shotgun and, and you gave me the ring. Jake please! You promised me, you promised me. F-forever, forever and always. Jake." I kept banging on the door, he finally opened up and I ran into his arms.
"I'm so sorry Jake I am, I fucked up so bad. So so bad, I put you through all of that, and when I didn't remember you, oh my god Jake I'm so horrible, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry Jake."
"No, I'm sorry, I promised you, but I gave up to easily."
"No, I gave up, I took Forgetful because I could bare the memory of you but not being with you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
He lifted up my chip and kissed me, "don't ever do that again, ever ok?"
"I promise."
"Forever and always?"
"Forever and always."
That night I slept in Jake's bed.
*~*
It's the last day of school and we finally get home. I see we got mail so I grab it and it's a question, for all of us, from the school.
"Guys!"
"What?"
"Do you want to go to school next year?"
"No!" They all shout
"Well sign this and you don't have to!"
"For real?!" Matt ask
"Yea!"
*~*
Later that week I sent out the mail, with something that was very risky.
"What was that?" Jake asks kissing me
"Just something."
"Something?" He asks
"Paperwork, that I signed. So that I'm apart of a record company."
"Ruby that's great!"
"Yea, I start recording next month."
"You'll do wonderful Ruby, I promise."
I kissed him, he kissed back. I wrapped my legs around him and he walked me up the stairs, "are the guys home?"
"Nope, and I locked the front door."
I kissed him as he started unbuttoning my shirt.