Chapter 17 Promises

It's been a couple months since Danny said I took the berries, I still don't know why I needed to. Ha, I guess that was the point, to forget. I was roasting the deer I killed earlier, "Danny! Foods ready!" I called
"Deer? Because that's the only meet I'll eat unless we still have some beef left over from last month."
"Yes it's deer." Danny sat down and I handed her a piece of meat on of the plates we braided from vine and covered with mud, which was hard now. I grabbed some meat and put it on my plate, it was a silent meal. When Danny grabbed another piece of meat she asked, "for my birthday, can we go back?"
"Danny that's what we're going to do."
"No, I mean on my birthday. Can we leave on my birthday?"
"If that's what you want, then we'll leave on your birthday."
"Thanks Ru."
"Thank me when we get out of this mess." I say taking a bite of the deer
"Ok. Hey how many more months until my birthday? I lost count."
"Two months, two months. Danny? Why can't you tell me why I took the berries?"
".. Because you told me not to."
"But what happen with him, was it bad to make me wanna forget?"
"In your mind? Yea. Ru, with what happen when you were younger, I guess you didn't want anymore bad memories or something, I don't know."
"Oh, Danny I'm going to bed. But tomorrow we dye your hair." I walk over to the river to wash my plate.
"Why? Do I have to?"
"Not unless you wanna come with me this time to get the supplies from Matt."
"Ok, hey Ru? Does he ever mention anyone?"
"He asked if I remember anyone, but when I only said Levi's and Don's name he frowned."
"Oh, ok. Night Ru." She says getting into her bed, I get into mine and say, " goodnight Danny."
*~*
We get off the bus and Danny is still getting used to her new hair color, "you look fine."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, I'm sure. Look! There he his." We walk up to Matt and I hug him.
"Hey! Is this the famous Danny?"
"Yep! Redhead Danny!" I giggle
"Does it look fine?" She asks Matt
"Perfect!" Matt says hugging her
He hands me the bag of supplies, "so Ruby, I know you don't remember, but does the name Jake ring a bell?"
Jake... Jake... Jake.... "Umm, I think so, why?"
"Oh, it's because he's one of our Roomates, so when you get back just know he's one of us ok?"
"Mkay Matty! Hey can you tell Don and Levi I say hi and that I miss them very much? And I guess this Jake guy too, I guess I didn't give enough time to write about him in my amnesia book."
"Ok, Ruby." I give Matt one last hug.
"And hey Matt, next date is April 22nd ok? And don't bring any supplies. Ok?"
"Ok. See ya Ruby, Danny."
"Until next time!" And we head our own ways.