Trip

The next several weeks went by quickly and were relatively uneventful.

I managed to ignore my feelings for Joon, which was made easier by the fact that we hardly ever saw each other. He was always at the studio, leaving early in the morning and coming back late at night, busy with working on the new album and organizing the upcoming show. I kept busy by spending most of every day in the practice room, either with Hobi or alone, working on new stuff for the boys.

About a week before the huge show that would take place in Seoul, I was at the studio, once again in the practice room, alone this time, working on a part of one of the new tracks that I couldn't figure out.

I let out a sound of frustration as I messed up the footwork I had been putting together again, and started over, for what felt like the hundredth time, as I restarted the song and it blared through my headphones.

I made it farther than I had the last time, reaching the end of what I had planned out so far, and came to a stop, preparing to figure out more of the choreography, but I was interrupted by the sound of someone clapping.

I glanced up and saw Joon standing in the doorway of the practice room, leaning against the doorframe as he watched me. I didn't know how long he had been there, hopefully he hadn't seen my countless mistakes. I pulled my headphones out of my ears and asked, still a little breathless from the intense choregraphy a few moments before, "Hey. How long have you been there?"

He grinned at me and crossed his arms over his chest. "Long enough. It's looking really good."
I shrugged off the compliment as I grabbed my water bottle from the side of the room and took a long drink, wiping some of the sweat off my forehead before lowering the water and saying, "I'm surprised you're not in your studio. You've been so busy lately."

It was then that I noticed the suitcase at his feet and it clicked.

I set down my water bottle and stuffed my phone and headphones into my bag, glancing up at him as I crouched down to pack up my stuff. "Ah. You're leaving then?"

He watched me pull my hoodie over my head and pick up my backpack before he answered back, "Yeah. I already said goodbye to the hyungs. We're all headed different places for the week of vacation before the big show."

I bit my lip and worried it for a moment as I studied him, standing there in the doorway, ready to head to Ilsan. His family would be so excited to see him. And his mom would have kimchi and seaweed stew ready for him, his dad saving his favorite seat on the couch to watch the futsal games together.

I felt a pang in my heart. I would be here, alone, for the week, at the dorm, just waiting for my family to return. The only family I had left.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Joon's boots on the wooden floor of the dance studio as he walked toward me, and reaching out, took the backpack from me, slinging it over his own shoulder.

"Come on, Joon. You have a bus to catch! You don't have time to carry my stuff and see me back to the dorm." I protested, reaching out to grab my backpack back from him.

He held it out of my grasp, as he offered me a smile, his dimples marking his cheeks, and then said, "I wasn't planning on walking you back to the dorm. I was thinking of something different." He held out his free hand to me, and a bus ticket was displayed between his long fingers. He watched my face for my reaction as he asked, "Come with me?"

I felt butterflies in the pit of my stomach at his request. Did he want me to accompany him to our home because he felt guilty that I was going to be left alone? Or did he want me to come with him because he actually wanted me by his side?