Visit

The next morning, after breakfast, I stood in the warm spray of the shower, my fingers massaging the shampoo into my scalp, the later beneath my fingers making the air around me smell like green tea and pears.

Pausing in my actions, I stared at the wall in front of me, lost in thought.

I heard the door open quietly behind me, and then a pair of arms, cool against my shower warmed skin, slid around my bare waist, and Joon's voice was low, soft, in my ear as he murmured, "What are you thinking so hard about?"

Resuming the scrubbing of my hair, I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye, his chin resting on my shoulder, his purple hair darkening as it grew wet from the warm water, his eyes focused on me, a slight smile quirking his lips upward, and then I said, slightly amused, "First off, I was thinking about how nice it is to finally be able to wash my hair with both hands."

I held up my previously injured wrist, freed from the restraining purple cast just a few days earlier, and wiggled my soapy fingers at him, grinning as I reached up to swipe some of the bubbling shampoo across the bridge of his nose.

"Hey." He protested lightly, releasing me briefly to wipe away the soap, as he raised an eyebrow at me as I finally turned to face him, my arms going up and around his neck, as his lips twitched in the beginning hints of a smile, his dimples appearing softly in his cheeks. "You know. If you needed help washing your hair, you could have just asked, jagi."

His large hands slid up the bare skin of my body, skimming across my hips and up my ribs, tickling me slightly, before he buried his fingers in my hair, gently tugging my head back just a bit, before he began to wash away the suds that still clung to each strand. I closed my eyes, just for a moment, enjoying the feeling of his gentle touch and the warmth of the water, before I heard him say softly, his fingers still stroking across my head, "Jagi."

"Hmmm?" I hummed, my eyes still closed, my arms still clasped around his neck, letting him know I had heard him, not quite ready to come back to reality just yet.

"Is that all you were thinking about?"

His fingers stilled in my hair, and I finally opened my eyes again, letting out a long sigh as I tilted my head to look at him, his brow furrowed slightly, his expression serious, as he watched me carefully through the streams of water.

Damn it. He knew me too well sometimes.

"No." I sighed out, my fingers playing nervously with the hair at the base of his neck, as I bit my lip, not wanting to say the words, but knowing that I needed to. That even unsaid, he already knew, somehow, what I had been debating so seriously in my head just moments earlier.

Silence fell between us, but Joon didn't rush me, letting the quiet remain, undisturbed, as he idly began to stroke long fingers down my cheekbones, across my nose, brushing my lips gently with the tips of his fingers, waiting for me to speak.

Finally, I let out another long breath, the warm air brushing across his fingers, still resting against my lips, before I said quietly, "I think I need to go and see my mom."

Cocking his head slightly at my statement, he studied me for a brief moment, and then nodded confidently, saying in a sure tone, "Okay. Then we'll go. Together."

I knew how he would respond, I wasn't surprised by his immediate agreeal to accompany me, not in the slightest, but still, at his words, spoken aloud, I felt a sense of disbelief wash over me.

"How are you real, Kim Namjoon?" I murmured, burying my face in his chest, the skin warm and damp beneath my cheeks, his heart beating rhythmically in my ear, even over the sound of the rushing water.