Birthday

When we reached Joon's studio, he crossed the room and sat down in his office chair, spinning around a few times as I dumped my duffle bag onto the floor at my feet. Pulling my sweaty tank up and over my head, I dropped it into the bag as I continued to search for the hoodie I had brought with me, the office air chill against my bare skin, as I stood there in only a bright pink sports bra.

When he still hadn't said anything after several moments, and the only sound to be heard was me cursing under my breath, still digging through my bag to find the missing sweatshirt, I glanced up and saw him watching me intently, his long fingers steepled beneath his chin. "Stop staring at me." I berated, my fingers finally closing around the thick fabric of the hoodie hidden at the bottom of the bag.

"Then stop distracting me." He said matter of factly, flicking his fingers lazily at my bare torso, as I finally retrieved the sweater and held it aloft in triumphant.

I stuck my tongue out at him and rolled my eyes as I slipped my sleeves into the hoodie and pulled it over my head, before padding across the room to him. "Shut up." I teased, as I straddled him on the office chair, my knees resting on either side of him as I put my hands around his neck and settled onto his lap. "Now. What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Oh, yeah." He blinked, as if he had forgotten the reason he had brought me here in the first place, and I felt his arms go around my waist, bracing across my lower back, as he slowly spun us around a few more times on the office chair as he said, "I'm planning on going to Ilsan this weekend. It's Eomma's birthday and I want to surprise here. It'll just be a quick trip-down and back. But I'd love if you came with me."

I grinned at him, as he reached out a large hand and laid it on the desk beside us, stopping our spinning movement, as he watched me, waiting for a reply. "I'd love to, Joon. You know I'll take any chance I can get to see Eomma and Appa Kim."

A smile crossed his lips at my reply, and he leaned up to press a quick kiss to the end of my nose, as he said excitedly, "Perfect. Eomma will be so happy to see you."

We fell into a comfortable silence, as I reached up to smooth the tendrils of purple hair back off his forehead, running my fingers through the still slightly damp hair, as he leaned his head back against the headrest of the office chair, his eyes closed.

After another brief moment of quiet, he spoke, his voice low, his eyes still shut, as he murmured, "The choreo for the new track looks great."

"Mmm." I hummed in agreement, still running fingers through his hair in a comforting and familiar motion. "It was actually pretty easy to come up with. The story in that song just spoke to me. So I wanted to tell it through the dance."

He opened his eyes, his head still tilted back, relaxed against the chair, as he met my gaze seriously, and I felt his fingers drum quickly along my spine, almost in a nervous motion, before he said, "I wrote that song about you, you know."

"Shut up." I laughed and slapped a hand playfully against his chest, thinking he was teasing me, but when he didn't laugh in return, and his gaze remained intently on mine, the smile dropped from my face and I choked out, shocked, "Wait, are you serious?"

Nodding, he let out a long sigh and his gaze darted away from mine, as his tongue darted out to wet his lips, before he said sheepishly, "Yeah. Yoongi helped me with some of the composition, so he's the only one that knows what it's really about. Besides you."

"But." I thought to myself for a moment, growing quiet, as I ran through the song lyrics in my head, and then glanced back at him. He still wasn't looking at me. I cupped his face between my hands, forcing him to finally meet my gaze again, and then said, smiling at him gently, "She leaves in the end. I'm not going to leave."