thirteen

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
I'M GONNA BE RIGHT
HERE. BY YOUR SIDE.

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

          → AT THE WAREHOUSE, two military men lowered the laser onto a platform. they walked away to go back to their trucks. two men came up and punched them.

another solider came out, he took out his radio, "i got two gentlemen at the warehouse. east corner. right now."

the men turned and walked over to him. inside, dr. light walked up to the laser. he placed the activator into the laser.

the laser shot out and curved into his armored vest, the best absorbing the power.

outside, the men were guarding the warehouse when dawn, octavia, and hank jumped down and knocked them out with solid punches.

meanwhile, dr. light was still absorbing the energy as dick swung in on a grappling hook and kicked dr. light off of the platform. dick turned to the laser and took out the activator.

dr. light stood up. donna swung her lasso around and threw it forward at dr. light. he held his hand out, grabbing it and threw her into dick.

dick and donna crashed into each other and rolled in the ground. donna and dick split and hid between two crates as dr. light fired at them.

hank, octavia, and dawn were fighting more of dr. light's men outside. "hold it!" one man yelled with a gun. garth threw a blast of water at him.

"four's a charm." garth said.

"don't think that's the saying." octavia replied.

"inside! we're under fire!" dick yelled over the comms. garth ran into the building. "he got to the laser, we need back up!" dick yelled.

garth ran up in front of dr. light. "garth, don't!" dick yelled.

"should've sang to me on my birthday." garth replied, "might've been your last chance." dr. light fired at garth and he blocked his attack with his arm.

dr. light fired a laser of light at garth and he blocked it with his arms, holding it in front of him in an 'x' formation.

donna watched fearfully, looking at dick.

"octavia, hank, dawn. flank him." dick said as the three of them ran into the warehouse. garth fell to one knee as dr. light walked closed to garth.

donna and dick looked at each other. "now!" dick shouted. donna and dick stood up, dick throwing his 'r' from his suit at dr. light, donna whipping him with her lasso. dick fired his grappling hook up to the rafters.

octavia ran in and slide down on her side, kicking in dr. light's feed from under him. hank ran in and held his body as dawn punched him in the face.

dr. light fell on his back and dick jumped down from the rafters, hitting his bo on dr. light's armored vest, cracking the light in the middle.

dr. light groaned as the light went out. dick stood up and octavia, hank, and dawn walked over to him.

"you good?" dick asked his sister. octavia nodded.

donna helped up garth, "nice team work." she said.

"just doing my job." garth replied. the other four heroes smiled.

——

back at titans tower, dick knocked on octavia's door. "come in." her muffled voice said. dick opened the door and looked inside.

"hey... how're you feeling?" dick asked.

"great now that dr. light is in prison." octavia replied.

"i'm glad to here it." dick said. dick was about to close the door when octavia spoke again, "you don't have to keep doing that."

dick opened the door again, "do what?"

"check up on me." octavia said, "like every other hour."

"i know you worry, dick. i mean who wouldn't. i'm a fourteen year old superhero who fights murderous sociopaths." octavia said, "and i know that's not the real reason why you worry but... you don't have to worry."

dick looked down.

"i'm trying to get better, dick. like... really better. i mean.. i have two session of therapy a week." octavia said, "and.. and i have medication. and..." octavia trailed off.

"i know this isn't the life you wanted for me." octavia added, "i know you want me to go to school. and have normal friends with normal lives. go to high school.. and a good college. and maybe even get married and have some kids. and with sparrow and the team... i can't do that."

"i know you just want what's best for me." octavia finished. dick walked into her room and shut the door. dick walked over and leaned on her desk, facing her.

"i do want what's best for you." dick said, "and i'm always going to be here for you. no matter what."

octavia nodded. "donna made this promise to me and i'm going to make it to you," dick said, "if the darkness gets to be too much... you can always come to me because i'm gonna be right here. by your side. always."

"always...?" octavia asked softly.

"always." dick repeated. octavia smiled and nodded, "i love you, dick."

"i love you too, little sister." dick replied. dick pushed himself off of her desk, "get some rest."

"i will." octavia said. dick smiled at her and left her room.

——

dick walked down the halls of titans tower and heard the elevator doors open. dick walked over into the living room and saw donna leaving. donna looked up at dick.

dick didn't say anything. neither did donna. donna reached over and shut the elevator doors.

dick turned and sat down on the stairs by the fire place. garth walked into the room, placing a bottomless of orange soda down on the counter.

"hey." garth said.

"hey." dick replied, "how you doing?" garth sighed, sitting down on a chair, "oh i don't know."

"donna stop by your room?" dick asked.

"yeah.. yeah. sort of." garth replied.

"so, how're you feeling?" dick asked.

"amazing." garth said. he laughed and dick furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "i've been dreaming about this night since i met donna. and you know, dick... it's like.. all of a sudden—"

"hold in, wait. you guys didn't talk?" dick asked.

"we didn't need too. i mean.. after all theses years.." garth said, "i mean, i can't believe it. it's just finally..." garth noticed dick looking at the elevator.

dick looked back at garth. garth leaned forward in his chair, "what?" he asked sternly.

——

the fight scene and the emotional moment was ugly i'm sorry 😂😂😭