nineteen

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
HERE I AM. UNARMED

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

          → DICK HAD GATHERED ALL the titans, plus kory, in the kitchen. "hank is right. you were all right. jason and my sister need us. we can't just stand here and do nothing." dick said, "deathstroke wants to make a trade. we'll make a trade."

"we can't hand over rose." hank said.

"no, we can't. we won't." dick said.

"but i have an idea..." dick said, "gar, you and rachel stay here with rose. protect the tower. i'll contact deathstroke, confirm our meet up at the plaza. then we take him down, once and for all. together."

gar, as a tiger, laid down in front of rose's hospital bed and growled. dick nodded and left the room.

after gathering weapons, dick stood alone in the armory until kory walked in.

"you really gonna do this?" kory asked. dick zipped up his bag, "i thought you might be going home."

"might, being the operative." kory replied.

"so you haven't decided for sure yet? cause i'd really like it if you stayed." dick said, "help the team. they could use my help."

"they could use my help?" kory asked.

"you're a natural leader, kory."

"why didn't you ask for help before then?" kory asked.

dick sighed, "a few years ago, i came to san francisco to get out of batman's shadow. i opened this place up with dawn, hank, donna, and garth. later, octavia came over. but that version of the tower didn't end so well. when garth died... it really broke us all. so, when i came back to the tower i didn't asked them for help."

"you wanted to protect them." kory said.

"maybe i didn't know how to ask for help." dick replied, "wasn't... how i was raised. thought it was the right thing to do. it turned out the way i wanted. anyways," dick put his bag over his shoulders, "titans need your help. think about it."

"i can do that. you ready for this, grayson?"

"yep. by the way, i like your new hair."

kory chuckled, "thanks."

——

at the plaza, the titans were all split up across the plaza, ready to take down deathstroke. "we set?" hank asked.

"plaza's clear." dawn said.

"yep..." kory said from the van.

"i'm in position." dawn said. "dick, do you copy?" dawn asked.