Amber Lynn// Michael. Michael Clifford

(edited 8/3/15: first shoutout to ellena publicly. also there are multiple song references i can feel it in my boobs)

Now, you may think that Ashton is my only friend, but that's not true. The only other person my age I really get along with is my coworker, Amber. Her full first name is Amber Lynn, but I just call her Amber. And she's kinda cool. She's a bit too nerdy for me, though I know she can't help it. Its probably the glasses and the fact she wants to be a scientist once she gets out of New York. Which I don't know why. I asked her about it, but she simply shook her head. And I figure, since it'll be my first time back since the holiday, I'll fish out why she wants to leave New York.

(edited 8/3/15: *i apologize for the joke im about to make ohmigosh* she may be kinda cool, but is she kinda hot tho???? is the real question.)

---
I said goodbye to the doorman, a balding man, and walked to work. Amber Lynn was already there, cleaning the window. We worked the 5 to closing shift, so it was already dark when I got there.

"Hello, Ellena. How are you?" Amber greets me as I walk in, and I smile, taking my coat off.

"Good, how are you?" Our greeting usually went like this, and then we wouldn't speak until closing time.  But today, I have a different plan.

"Amber Lynn, why do you want to leave New York?" The cafe is empty except for a couple of girls in the back, using the free wifi.

"What?" She turned her head in my direction, but didn't reach my eyes, still wiping the counter.

"Why do you wanna leave New York?" She sighed, and looked at me.

"New York? Its like a vacuum, an addiction. You get sucked into the bright lights and Broadway, and you find yourself forgetting about the real world outside of NYC. You get lost in the deep alleys and sirens every night. And I've only been here for 3 years! I don't understand how people live their whole lives here. Or why people move to New York. Its one of the most crowded place in the U.S. What makes that so intriguing?" It didn't hit me she was pretty much insulting my home, but I nodded, seeing where she was coming from.

(edited 8/3/15: #realtalk w/ roxanne)

"Where do you wanna move to, then?" I asked, looking to the door, watching the "stuck" people walk past, the lights from the buildings catch their eyes, making them look happy, while their faces looked miserable.

"Somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Away from people. My boyfriend lives in Montana; he was from here as well. Moved there with his dad about 2 months ago, loves it out there. He would've moved earlier, you see, he lost his sister and Mom in 9/11," she pauses as if the memory makes her want to cry, "but his dad had business he needed to settle. And they finally got it all done and he moved out there." I smile.

"I lost my dad and brother in 9/11. What's your boyfriend's name?" What she says, has the smile dropping from my lips like a rock into water.

"His name is Michael. Michael Clifford."
---
a.n> okey had to see this coming, mean did you really think i'd just kill off Mikey like that? Bruhhhh. Puh-lease. Michael is love, Michael is life.
have Michael story coming up, and its based off Mayday Parade'song Amber Lynn, and that story has nothing to do with this Amber Lynn.

note: this whole chapter will tie in later so the next chapter is just basically a different thing, but this conversation will not be forgotten

writing life is highway: rascal flatts. dark horse: katy perry ft. juicy j

editing - pressure: the 1975

((ANOTHER NOTE:

THE CHASE FUCKING HIT 10 MILLION ELLENA'S SO EMO

but there's only 4 chapters left sob

man ive been there since like 

chapter 4 of the chase, something like that

ELLENA STOP IT

no no its okay you keep on being fab

and shit so yeah

imma go now

byee xx))

(edited 8/3/15 this went nowhere im so sorry wtf)