Secrets

Luke's POV:
When Michael and Amber come back, and Ellena isn't with them, I figure they leave her at her apartment and she'll be fine. Besides, she wasn't helping our moods out. We were trying to keep calm and and she was fraying our nerves. I sit down next to Vic and stare at the floor. Everett and Grace play on the toys they have, and a hand starts rubbing comfortingly against my back. I see Vic looking out into space and rubbing my back. Her hand is light and I lean into it.

"You okay?" She whispers, though there is no need to. Michael, Amber, Cass, and Calum have gone to the cafeteria to eat and relax, though in a hospital there is no relaxing. My only answer is a shrug because I don't know how I feel.

"You wanna talk? I've been told I can take emotions pretty well." I suddenly wonder if she means Cass.

"I'm just... tired. I haven't had a break since I moved to the states. I'm from Australia, ya know, I moved here with Ashton and Calum after my girlfriend died. I got a job and found a babysitter, all along with finding an apartment. It was stressful, but we pulled through. Now that Ashton's great-grandma can babysit, I dont have to pay that dumb babysitter anymore. More money. Ashton's always been a handful, and sometimes I don't know how to deal with him." I stop for a minute and rub tears out of my eyes. Vic nods, and continues to rub my back. Everett takes Grace's toy and I lean forward to give it back. Everett starts to cry and I sigh, about to crouch in front of him when Vic beats me to it.
---
Vic's POV:
(a.n> meet Victoria, folks)
To save Luke stress, and to give myself an idea of what its like to have kids, I move forward to help him. I crouch in front of the boy, sobbing, and hand him another toy. He stops crying and becomes fascinated with it. I ruffle his hair and turn to the girl. She keeps her head down, and I'm staring at Jessie J black hair. She looks up at me. She has Luke's blue eyes, no doubt. So does the boy.

"Hi." I whisper. I'm close enough to see the lines on her face.

"Hi." She whispers back, scooting closer to me.

"I'm Victoria. You can call me Vic. What's your name?" I touch her back, slightly, and start rubbing it, like I did with Luke.

"I'm Grace. You can call me Grace."

"What's your brother's name?" I glance at where the boy was, and find that he is gone.

"That's Everett. He's annoying." I chuckle at her statement and turn around to see the boy - Everett - showing Luke the toy he has.

"Daddy." He shoves the toy in Luke's face, and Luke chuckles, taking it from him.

"Whatcha got there Ev?" They share a father-son moment, before Luke pulls Everett up into his lap, and they fiddle with the toy.

"He always hogs Daddy's attention. I have to scream at night and say I have a nightmare to get his attention. But you'll play with me, right Vic?"  Grace says, as I understand why Luke is tired now, and watch him for a moment, tickling Everett's sides before turning back to Grace.

"Yeah," I smile, "I'll play with you." 

---
a.n> so posted my luke story by accident, hehe whoops, but that's okay. so, vuke huh? luke with kids makes me cry at 2 am. any who, sorry about the buttload of posting there is, one after another, but wanted something for ya so um yeah. sry these chappies are so shorty. i'm trying to make them longer, but only type as much as my brain thinks fml.

writing american idiot, (5sos cover), independence day, and daylight by 5sos

editing - another world by one direction