This Is How We Roll

Ellena'sPOV:

Being stuck in a car with two hyperactive boys for a long drive is definitely not my idea of a good time. Ashton was singing loudly and terribly to every song and Ronan kept giggling. And every song got annoying. So, when we stopped for a break at Hardee's, I was more than thankful. Plus, free wifi. I'm all about that. We get out and as I stretch, I wave to Grace in the back of Luke's car. Ashton and Ronan are waiting in front of the entrance, and when Ronan and Grace see each other, they hug, and I sneakily snap a picture.

"I have to pee so badly, you have no idea." Vic rushes past us and in, making a beeline for the bathrooms just as Cass and Calum walk up. They were sore, I'm sure and Cass was squinting at the sun through her glasses.

"Damn, bright, huh?" Cass says, and she avoids my swatting hand. He knows I don't like it when anyone swears around Ronan. The other's chuckle as we enter Hardee's.

Cool A/C hits us, and I shiver slightly. I don't like going from hot to cold in an instant. Vic teams up with us again, and she picks up Everett. They discuss items on the menu, and when they come to an agreement, he steps forward and orders. He comes back with two orange juices and two medium size cups. Cass and I look at each other, and silently ask who's ready.

"El, you ready?" Ashton whisper sends a shiver down my spine.

"Y-yeah." I step forward and order, also ordering an orange juice for Ronan, Ashton behind me, pulling his wallet out and ordering. He pays, and the bored looking lady hands us our drinks. A small for me and a medium for Ashton. I fill mines with Sprite, as Ashton fills his with Dr. Pepper. We find Luke and Vic in the back, Luke and Grace coloring on the coloring sheets they gave us. Ronan sits at the next table, and we join him. Luke turns and scoots so we're all opened up with enough room for Cass and Calum.

"Order 172. Order 172."

"That's us. Be right back." Luke stands up and goes gets his tray full of food,

"Order 173. Order 173."

"Ash, that's us." I whisper looking at the ticket. He stands up and takes Ronan with him. When they return, Ronan crawls in my lap and steals my fries. Cass and Calum, plus a now awake Elaine, sit with their food and its quiet for a few as we stuff our faces. When we pull away for air, Calum becomes Mr. Sophisticated and pulls out a road map. 

"So, according to this map, we are on the Idaho/Oregon border. About 20 miles east of it."

"It'll take another day before we get close enough to where we'll be living," I calculate. Cass sighs, and we look at her.

"Not a big fan of road trips, that's all." She smiles, but I sense something's wrong with her. I'll talk to her later. We finish and fuck around, enjoying the free wifi until Ronan, Everett, and Grace all start to yawn and nod off. We decide its a good time to get on the road again. Ashton takes Ronan as I dump our trash. Cass stands beside me, and I grab her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I whisper and give her my best 'dont lie to me' look.

"Just homesick, I promise. I'll get over it." I nod, and she smiles at me. I return it and we walk outside where the guys have started the cars and are talking.

"You losers ready?" Calum says, and Cass punches his shoulder. I laugh getting into the car, and we head out. I enter a group chat with Cass and Vic, preparing for random outburst of laughs. Ashton reaches over the console, and grips my hand. With Ronan sleeping softly in the backseat, and some slow song on the radio, I don't mind all the drama from lately. I'm content with right now and I plan for it to stay that way for a long time.

---

Almost 6 months ago, I never would've figured any of this would've happened. I would've stayed stuck in New York City and watch certain people escape, and hell, maybe Ashton, Luke, and Calum would've moved. But I'd be stuck in NYC, living alone with Ronan. Amber Lynn would've moved out to Montana to be with Michael, and it'd be just me and Ro. Honestly, and I'm not trying to sound terrible, but I'm glad Ashton moved to America because of his shit back in Australia. Now, he's a new person. He hasn't had a drink in almost two months, he's a legal U.S citizen, and he's going to be somebody. He's going to make his great-grandma proud, something he promised her two days ago, when we left. And even though we'll probably get sick of each other some days, and money'll be short other days, Ashton and I, we'll make it. We'll make it because he believes in me, and I believe in him.
---
Huh, god bless September.
---
a.n> WHAO ITS OVER MOTHERFUCKERS. so, an epilogue this weekend. planned this out perfectly mwahaha. Any who, I'm sorry about that terrible cliche ending, the epilogue will be better, promise. Now, 3 yearsor 5 years. Which one... ~ mel

editing - the end of all things by p!atd