I Lived

Calum's POV:
I wanted to get to know Cass. I needed to get to know Cass. How can you form a crush without wanting to get to know the person you're crushing on? So I planned to do that. Michael and Amber Lynn went home to check on Ellena, and I make my move.
"So, I wanted to thank you for coming with me. You and Vic. I mean, you don't even know Ashton, and just for you to come out and support a random guy you don't even know, it means a lot to me and I wanted to thank you... So thank you." She chuckles at my awkwardness. A small heat crosses my cheeks, and I smile at the ground.
"Nah, it's cool. I know its better for Vic than just sitting around doing school all day. Besides," her voice drops, "I fucking hated that Starbucks job." We laugh and I feel like everything is going to be okay.
Vic and Luke come strolling down the hallway, Everett hanging onto Luke's finger as he walks, and Grace and Vic talking and giggling. They look like an actually family, and I share a glance with Cass. She has a mischevious smile and I wonder if she's going to give Vic shit about this later, like I am with Luke.
"Yay, Everett!" I cheer as he giggles, falling into my arms. Vic sits next to Cass, and Grace climbs in Luke's lap. I pick Everett up and set him on the table. His blue eyes watch me with a glow in them and I'm just very happy.
---
Cass's POV:
When Calum and Luke take Grace and Everett out to get fresh air, I start peppering Vic with questions she has done to me one too many times. To say the least, she gets annoyed.
"Cassandra Blakely, leave me alone! We just met, bug off." I smile and hold back a laugh at the red tint to her tan cheeks. She shoves me and I stumble down the hallway laughing. I can hear her laughing from the cafeteria.
I get back to the lobby where a doctor stands looking around. Our eyes connect and he says, "Are you here with Ashton Irwin?" I nod, swallowing a lump in my throat.
"Well, I have some good news and I have some bad news."
"Good news." I repeat.
"Ashton can go home within tomorrow or the day after." After almost 3 weeks in a hospital, it'll feel fresh to get out into the new March weather.
"Bad news?" I question. I hear Calum laughing and look to the door where he and Luke stand. Luke looks over and his smile disappears. He nudges Calum and they come over, Grace and Everett coming in with Michael, Amber Lynn, and Ellena. They all come to stand by me, and Grace runs to get Vic. They both return and the doctor looks at me.
"We can't find Ashton."
---
a.n> tbh the dr. was totally stalling to make sure everyone wuz there coz he's noob. hey look updated perfectly. have about 2 to 4 chapters ready to edit, and upload yay. took sometime away this week, and just found myself through school and sports and forgot about writing, and then came back to writing and bam! popped out 2 to 4 chapters all ready yay! alright goodbye. ~ mel
writing vine audios (um,  can listen to Lived by One Republic or one of those complianced things of Luke's laugh idk)

editing - this twitcam >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tUTlnkMb8