I Wanna Get Better

a.n> this + two more chapters + epilogue and this story is over with cry

~ month later~

Ellena's POV:

"Well, Ellena, the bullet wound has healed perfectly. We'll leave the banage on for one more week and then the next time you come in, we'll take it off. You're a fighter, El, I'm proud of you." Dr. Cooper says, and he pulls my shirt down. Ashton smiles brightly at me.

"Thanks, Doc. Guess I'll see you next week, then." I hop off the table and Ashton hands me my jacket.

"See you next week, Ellena." The doctor escorts us to the end of the hallway, where it connects with the lobby, and we bid our adieus. Ashton and I walk to his car, and we sit there, and a raindrops lands on the window.

"Great, April rainstorm, better get home quick." I say, and Ashton agrees. We drive home as quick as possible. We stop by Luke's to pick up Ronan. We don't stay for long, and are in the comforts of my apartment just as the rain picks up. Ronan runs into his room, to play with his toys and I ask Ash if he can stay for dinner.

"Guys, guys, look it, look it! I found presents from Santa." Ronan never made it home for Christmas and he was only released from the hospital 3 days ago, so his presents were piled on his bed. He had spent the first two nights with Ashton's great-grandma but now would be the first time in 4 months, he'd sleep in his own room, cancer free.

"Let's open them, bud!" Ashton takes Ronan into the living area while I cook some grilled cheese sandwhichs. When they are all toasted to perfection I take them into the living area where wrapping paper is literally everywhere.

"I hope you two know you're picking all of it up." I say, sitting down on the couch putting my feet on the coffee table.

"Yeah, yeah, Ellena, we know. But look at what Santa brought me!" He shows me all the things Ashton and I bought for him, and I act surprised. Ashton nibbles on the sandwhich while Ronan and I stuff our faces with them, seeing who can eat them quicker. I glance at the last picture taken of Michael, his senior photo, and look back at Ronan. They are the spitting image of each other.

There are days where I wish Ro could've met Michael and Amber Lynn. I know that Michael would be the greatest big brother, and he is still the best little brother. It really wasn't fair that they didn't make it out in time. But it wasn't fair to the patients on the top floor who never even had a chance. Life isn't fair. But I'm happy with the life I've formed. The apartment has been put for rent already, and I've gotten my apartment in Oregon. I did some research on the job economy, and their school districts, both fantastic, so Ronan and I won't have any problem fitting in. 

"So, when do we leave for Oregon?" Ashton asks as Ronan is putting his new toys in boxes I've already got out.

"We? I thought you were staying here with your squad or posse or gang or whatever the hell you are."

"Nope. We. As in, us three, the five Hemmings, and the three Hoods." My eyes bulge out of my head. 

"Of course, they'll have their own places, and us three can be a happy family. Just perfect."

"Ash, what about your great-grandma?"

"She's moving back to Oz. NYC wasn't cut out for everyone, I guess." I shake my head at him. We're still a new couple, only a couple of weeks, but I feel as if I've known Ashton for years.

"Ashton, I swear."

"No! It'll be fine. Calum'll get his stupid little mechanic job he's wanted, Cass'll become a librarian or whatever and they'll raise Elaine! Luke's jut transferring offices in his business, and once Vic's off maternity leave, she'll become a teacher and they'll raise those three beauts. And you'll get your degree in Photography and be a pro while I sit here wondering what the hell I'm going to do with my life and we'll give Ronan the best life ever."

I wouldn't believe him if it weren't for his eyes. The passion and determination is what makes me believe that everything will be all okay. So I nod, and let Ashton ramble about how we'll all grow old and live in the same neighborhood or right next door to each other and Luke and Vic'll have a billion more kids and Cass and Calum will just keep being them. My favorite time is when Ashton talks about us.

"But, Ellena, I, uh, I wanna get better. I want to be an example for Ronan." He whispers to me one night as we lay in bed, both unable to fall asleep.

"You're a great example. Trust me. Whatever you need help with, I'm here. And I'm not letting you go this time."
---
a.n> this upsets me, this story is coming to an end :-(  :'(
but, that drowned can have regular updates, yay ! and maybe i'll start new calum story, eh? any who, the next chappie is when they move to Oregon and it'll be two months later, which would be june, so yup yup in cup. (< © 2014 rollwin; mel) just sigh, this book is my baby, posted this back in september, and now its almost finished aww :-( ~ mel

editing - rejects by 5sos (im NOT GONNA)