Pain

Luke's POV:
It was clear, that the separation Ashton was having from Ellena was killing him. He rarely got out afterwards, and if he did, it was literally 3 seconds, and then he'd run back inside. It scared me, seeing him react this way towards a person he'd known for, what? 3 months? This wasn't our Ashton, and I wasn't sure where he went.
--
I'm on my way to visit Ashton, when I see Ellena, Amber, and a brightly colored hair man. When we stop in front of each other, the New York air does little to suck up the tension. Red, as I'm calling him, stares curiously at me, and his eyes are almost too clear, so I avoid eye contact.

"Luke." Ellena's voice isn't cold, but its short, and I can't shake the vibe; like she's afraid of me.

"Hey..." I sound out of breathe, and Amber nods in my direction.

"Oh, Luke, this is my brother, Michael. You know, the one I supposedly lost durning 9/11? Michael, meet my friend Luke." I shake hands with Michael, who has ressurected from the dead.

"Amber, you and Michael can go into that store real quick, I'll be a minute." Ellena says, and the pair take off, leaving Ellena and I out in the cold.

"Look, Luke, I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but, before I finish my college app, how is Ashton?" College app. She's leaving.

The brutality of this hits me, and I start crying softly, and Ellena and I move into a different shop, Fran's Cafe, we sit in the back, and she stares at me, curiously, sadly, and confused. But I'm crying because if Ashton finds out Ellena is leaving for good, since he was already upset about her getting accepted, he'll spiral downward, and then he'll really fuck up and-

"Luke, what's wrong?"

"You can't leave!" I cry softly, "Ashton's already a mess without you, plus he was upset about you getting accepted, he's just gonna spiral downward, and he'll mess up, and everything will be awful." I sob as silently as possible, and Ellena looks at the table.

"There's so much pain, and I don't know how to not notice it. I never have been. I've always seen the pain in the world, and it was like that with Julia, she was in so much pain, and then Ashton, and Calum are in pain. Their eyes, Ellena! I see everything in their eyes. Ashton's are dead, and he's so hurt, so so hurt. Calum's are full of worry, and sadness. Julia was in so much pain. The disease was eating her from the inside, and she couldn't do anything to stop it." I ramble, and Ellena watches me, and I'm for sure I've scared her off when she stands up, but she simply sits by me, and I cry on her shoulder.

Ellena sits me back up, and we sit there in silence. Then she stands up, and leaves. But her echo  of what she leaves me with is haunting.

"Bye Lucas."
---
a.n> idek whut dis iz, apologize. so basically, its like January 18th or something, and Ellena is leaving for college and shit. think I know how I'm ending this, but its not for awhile. mean ellena's not just gonna leave. There has to be at least one more whirwin  meeting, yeezus, okey bai!

editing -  mugshot by max schneider