Chapter 16

A strong punch landed on Genya's face, throwing him off the other side of the tree.
"Genya!" Chiaku paled and pulled Sanemi's arm to prevent him from making another blow.
"Aniki..."
"You bastard! What do you think you are doing?"
"Stop it Sanemi. What is wrong with you?"
Sanemi swatted her hand and grabbed her by her arms. Chiaku winced at his strong grip.
"Aniki!"
"Shut up! You have no right to call me Aniki! And you! This is all your fault! You're just a stupid winged creature! How can you make me feel this way, huh?!"
"Sanemi, I don't understand!"
"Shut up! You're making fun of me! You're making fun of me, aren't you?"
"Sanemi please, you're hurting me..."
"Why didn't you just stay in your place? Why are you still here? Why don't you just go back to where you came from and take those brats with you? You have nothing to do with us, humans!"
Genya punched his brother with all his might causing the wind pillar to stumble down. Chiaku lost her balance and dropped on her knees, tears started to fall on her cheeks.
"Stop it, Aniki! I know you didn't mean that."
"What the hell you care, twerp! Didn't I tell you to stop calling me Aniki?! I have no brother!"
Sanemi is about to hit his brother again when Chiaku interfered. The wind pillar halted right before he could hit her. Tears streaming down her cheeks but she didn't utter a word. Sanemi scowled at her pained expression before walking away, leaving her sobbing. Genya looked at his brother's retreating form with a worried look.