Chapter 26

Muichirou and Giyuu just arrived from a mission. They were passing by a lake near the estate when suddenly bubbles started popping out of nowhere. They were suddenly on guard when Daidaimaru resurfaced with a huge grin plastered on his face.
"Ah, it's you. What is your name again?"
"It's Daidaimaru, Mui-niichan! How can you forget it easily? You don't look like a grandpa."
"I'm just forgetful."
Tomioka crouched down and pulled him out of the water.
"What are you doing here alone? It's dangerous. Let's go back."
Daidaimaru squirmed a little. "But I have to hide! We are playing hide-and-go-seek-cute things with Kaa-chan!"
"Kaa-chan?" Tokito asked, puzzled.
"Non started crying yesterday because she misses her parents so Hime-sama said she will be our Kaa-chan until we get back!"
"I see. If that's the case, shouldn't you have a father too?"
"Hmm! Nemi nii-chan is our Tou-chan!"
"Oh?"
"But Taka calls him Tou-chan baka!"
Muichirou's and Giyuu's eyes twitched, trying their best not to laugh, not that Sanemi will hear them if they did but because they are known for having the most handsome stoic faces. Oops, did I say that aloud? Composure is a must.
Daidaimaru gasped when they heard ruffling of leaves and turned himself into a puddle which surprised the two pillars. Meanwhile, Kanroji came out of nowhere, furious. Shinobu and Obanai are following her behind.
"What's the matter?" Giyuu asked.
"Have you seen Shinazugawa-san?"
"We just arrived from our mission." Mui replied.
"Oh... Oh! What a cute heart-shaped water puddle!"
Mui and Giyuu flinched and blocked Mitsuri to stop her from touching it.
"Muichirou-kun? Tomioka-san?"
Suddenly, Daidaimaru rose up from that puddle causing Mitsuri to scream. "Boo!"
Obanai gritted his teeth as he grabbed and squeezed the little merman's tiny head. "Apologize to Kanroji, you brat!"
Tears filled his eyes as he starts crying, "I'm sorry, Oba-nii! Waaahhh!"
"Calm down, Iguro-kun! It's alright! I'm alright."
Obanai relinquished his hold of Daidaimaru.
"Yosh,yosh. Don't cry anymore, Daidaimaru. You won't get any handsome if you keep crying."
Daidaimaru sobbed while Mitsuri is hugging him.
"Sugoi. I didn't know you can do that Daidaimaru-kun." Shinobu bent down to pat his head.
"I can also turn into a water horse!"
"Really?!"
Mitsuri's eyes sparkled. Shinobu looked very interested as well.
"Ano, aren't you supposed to hide from your Okaa-san? If she teams up with your Otou-san, you will get caught immediately." Muichirou pointed out, catching the attention of the three pillars.
"Okaa-san?"
"Otou-san?"
"Chiaku and Sanemi."
"Non ended up crying yesterday because she misses her parents." Tokito explained.
"That explains it. It must be Chiaku's idea." Obanai commented.
"It was Tou-chan's idea!"
"Shinazugawa?!" The five pillars exclaimed.
"Yeah! Anyway he is already married to Kaa-chan."
"Married?!"
"Unbelievable." Shinobu stared at the young fae in shock. Mitsuri gaped along with Obanai who can't believe what they just heard.
"Did something happen that I just forgot?" Tokito asked, eyes widening.
"When did this happen, Daidaimaru-kun?" Mitsuri asked disbelievingly. She can't accept that she just missed it.
"Taka said that they just kissed. You only kiss when you get married, right?"
"They kissed?!"
Mitsuri put on a fainting act while Obanai went to catch her. "How can he leave us out?"
They heard some flapping of wings and Daidaimaru jumped back into the lake.
"Nii-chama!" Non flew towards Giyuu and clutched on his leg. "I miss you, Nii-chama!"
"Non!" Daidaimaru popped out of water and greeted his fellow fae with a grin. "Tell them that Kaa-chan and Tou-chan are married!"
"Yes! Just like Nii-chama and I will be when I grow up!"
Giyuu sweatdropped and simply looked down at his self-proclaimed bride.
"Oh! How lucky of you, Tomioka-san! Unlike me!" Mitsuri sniffed a little. "I'm afraid I might grow into an old hag instead!"
Shinobu smiled awkwardly. "I think that's a little early for you to say that."
Mitsuri wailed and clutched on Obanai's arm. "Please marry me too, Iguro-kun!"
Obanai froze in place and started blushing and stuttering. Lucky for him, Mitsuri is busy complaining, not letting go of his arm.