Chapter 25

Shinazugawa panted as he hugged the fae children tighter, who are both grinning widely in thought that the wind pillar is playing along with them. He checked the surroundings and took a deep sigh. He settled down the children and his usual scowl is now replaced with a loving smile.
"Tou-chan! Kaa-chan will not find us, right?" kei asked cutely.
Unbeknownst to them, Tanjiro's gang are hiding behind the bushes, watching. This time, they dragged Kanao and Aoi with them. Nezuko is also out of her box since it is already late in the afternoon. Her eyes are sparkling when she saw the fae children.
"Tou-chan?!" Murata asked in surprise.
"Don't tell me that Shinazugawa-san and Chiaku-sama are secretly married and these children who followed them are their actual kids." Tanjiro said.
"There's no way it would happen in real life, you dumbhead!" Zenitsu argued. "Besides that's a lot of children. That's impossible for a young couple to conceive so fast!"
Tanjiro narrowed his brows. "But I have five siblings and my parents aren't that old."
"No way!" Murata grasped Tanjiro's shoulders and stared at him in awe.
"I don't have any siblings." Inosuke interrupted.
Murata looked at him disinterested. "Nobody asked you."
Inosuke glared at him and punched his face.
"Inosuke!"
"Stop it, you fools! We will get caught!" Genya got in between them and tried to shut them up before they his brother finds them.
Aoi rubbed her temples as she feels her blood boiling. "Stupid boys." She did not think twice before hitting all the boys, causing them to drop on the ground. Kanao stared at them with her usual smile. Nezuko glared at Aoi for hitting her brother but didn't retaliate. The latter simply crossed her arms and huffed in annoyance.

He patted his head and smiled. "Don't worry. Kaa-chan is an airhead."
Genya ignored that comment and smiled bitterly at his brother's gesture. He can't remember the last time his brother did that to him. He missed him so much.
Kei and Haru tilted their heads in confusion.
"What the- how dare he call the Princess an airhead?!"
Genya and Murata hit Zenitsu. Lucky for them the wind pillar's mind is elsewhere.
Sanemi froze instantly upon realizing what he just said.
"What's an airhead?"
"Uhn?"
Sanemi stuttered as he tries to come up with an excuse. He scratches his head while thinking for an explanation a kid would understand. "Uhm, well, it is someone who daydreams and always thinks of flowers!"
"Kaa-chan likes sunflowers and lilies very much!" Kei exclaimed.
Haru nodded in agreement.
Sanemi sighed in relief. Thank the gods for his quick thinking, or not. Well, least he is saved for now.
"Hah?" The spectators looked at him dumbly.
"So Kaa-chan is an airhead. So she will not find us?"
"No. Because she will only be looking for flowers." Sanemi instantly replied with a very serious face, hands on hips. The spectators stared at the wind pillar disbelievingly. Aoi gaped at Sanemi. She did not expect the wind pillar to think of something dumb.
"I like hide-and-go-seek-cute-things very much."
"Uhn!"
"Kaa-chan said if we win this game, she will make lots of ohagi tonight."
"Oh?"
"Uhn!"
Sanemi smirked. "Then let's win this game!" The fae children cheered and hugged his legs tightly. The wind pillar chuckled darkly and sent shivers on the slayers' spines.
"He's so creepy..."
Genya heard that and hit Zenitsu hard.
"By the way, why are they calling him Tou-chan?"
Aoi raised an eyebrow at Tanjiro. "You're only asking that now?"
The slayers looked back at Sanemi curiously as they watch them leave the premises.