Chapter 23

The slayers quietly observed the couple, all eyes sparkling with curiosity. There is something amiss. Tanjiro said that they both give a different whiff. Zenitsu also mentioned that their heartbeats sync at a rapid rate. They knew something happened between them but they seem to be indifferent to each other. Sanemi acts cold as usual and Mitsuri finds it kind of frustrating. Shinobu suggested that they follow them when the day ends since there are no any missions.
The fairy queen is delighted to see all slayers gathered around, even Kyojuro's brother is invited.
"Okaa-sama! Please let Senjuro-kun go!"
"No can do, Sweatpea. I have to cherish this rare moment I have with Little Potato."
"He's not your potato! He's my little turnip, along with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Murata, Genya, Nezuko, Aoi and Kanao!"
The fairy queen beamed. "You mean, there are more?"
The pillars stare at them disbelievingly while Kyojuro looks at his younger brother proudly. He must be feeling happy that his brother is a very charming one.

Chiyo called Sanemi and Chiaku for a private talk which ignited curiosity among those present. Giyuu, Tengen and Muichiro decided to tail them since they are the most quiet and Tengen was a highly skilled shinobi. They halted their steps and hid behind the door where the three have their conversation.

"Ah, Okaa-sama? How did you know where to find me?"
"You're too predictable, my sweet dumpling."
"Sanemi-kun, please look after my daughter, okay?"
Sanemi blushed widely and clutched his chest.
"Leave it to me, your majesty. I will keep Chi-chan safe even if it costs my life."
There was an abrubt silence in the room. The male pillars gaped at him. When Sanemi realized his mistake, his face reddened and he started muttering things in comprehensively. The fairy queen smiled in delight while Chiaku is brimming with happiness.
All of a sudden, the three pillars emerged from where they were hiding.
"Chi-chan?"
Tengen smirked widely. "So you call each other with nicknames now?"
Chiaku beamed and held Sanemi's hand. "He is my Nemi-chan!"
Muichiro and Giyuu appeared in front of the wind pillar.
"Nice to meet you, Nemi-chan." Muichiro said with a straight face. Giyuu offered him a weird shaped ohagi. "Congratulations."
Irk mark appeared on Sanemi's forehead as he threatened to kill his fellow pillars if they spread what they have just heard. Tengen ignored his threats and simply grinned widely.