FIFTY TWO

Flo POV:

Happy Halloween!

I still can't believe this time of year has rolled around again. I know I've said that it's not an occasion I typically enjoy but tonight we're going to a Halloween party which should be fun. Harry's been mentioning it for a few weeks and so I eventually gave in and said I'd go along with him, it's something different at least.

Harry's been working on the album again today but he should be back soon and then we'll make our way to the party, I think he said it's in a friends house although I'm not too sure.

He's actually quite disappointed because it's not fancy dress, something to do with it being quite last minute and people not being able to come up with a good costume in time, and Harry and his friends don't do things by halves apparently.

"Hi baby," I hear Harry's voice from behind me.

He puts his wallet and keys on the table and sits down next to me.

"I didn't even hear you come in, how was your day?"

"You know I think we might have finally finished, earlier than expected but it just feels complete."

"Amazing! I'm super proud of you!"

"Jeff needs to hear it and the guys at Columbia, they'll have it for a while, then in the New Year I'd like to let a few people listen to it."

I nod, "as long as your happy with it too remember."

"I am and so is the team," Harry smiles, "but it's the record company that'll be promoting me and it's always good to get an outside perspective."

"I totally agree. We need to get ready soon, are you looking forward to the party?"

"Yeah but I'm exhausted so maybe we can come back a little earlier than planned."

I shrug, "whatever babe, I really don't mind."

"I still can't believe it's not fancy dress!" Harry frowns.

I have to laugh at him, I didn't expect him to still be this annoyed!

"Let it motivate you to go all out next year then."

"True," he pats my thigh, "right, c'mon let's go and get ready."

:

An hour or so later and we're almost ready to leave, well Harry is and he's just waiting for me.

I picked something out for him when he was at work to save him the fuss, an old white shirt he wouldn't mind putting fake blood on, his black skinny jeans and some black leather boots- I left it up to him whether he wants to use fangs and go for a vampire look.

"Flo, we need to go!"

"I know," I roll my eyes, "I won't be a minute."

This is slightly out of my comfort zone.

Cliche as it may be, I went for a devil because it was quick and easy to put something together.

"You look good," I say to myself as I smooth the dress down.

I've got on a very short red bodycon dress with some black heels, I decided to wave my hair and push it back with a devil headband. I've got a devil's pitchfork that I found in the Halloween aisle but I'm not sure whether that's too much.

I grab my bag and close my dressing room door.

Harry's sitting at the bottom of the stairs playing on his phone, he turns his head when he hears me and when he sees me his eyes double in size.