FIFTY SEVEN

Harry POV:

"That's the last one?"

Robin takes a look behind him into the hallway. "Yeah that's it. Come on inside, you'll drive your mother crazy."

I go inside and slip off my jacket, "how so?"

"You know what she's like when you're leaving, wants to spend as much time with you before you go."

Our Christmas and New Year break is pretty much over, it's gone so fast.

Part of me wants to stay, which isn't unusual, but I'm actually looking forward to going home for once. Tying up all the loose ends and finalising the album, starting work on everything that's to come.

"Harry!" Robin chuckles and rolls his eyes in a 'I told you so' kind of way.

"That's me." I reply as I make way into the kitchen where my mum's cleaning the countertop.

"Would you and Flo like to go out for dinner tonight, our treat before you head home?" My mum asks but doesn't look up from her scrubbing, she's now moved onto the table. It's not unusual for her to do a deep clean after Christmas and New Year, she likes everything to be fresh for January.

"Yeah sure if you'd like," I say as Robin comes into the kitchen and sits down at table. "Listen, why don't you let us pay. You're the one who's been looking after us for the last few weeks."

I know she's my mum, but I don't expect her to do everything for us. "We can sort that out later, why don't you go and tell Flo to get ready."

"Okay. I'll drive," I offer before going upstairs.

We're going back up to London later than planned, we just weren't ready to get back to reality. I walk past the coffee table and notice the photo booth pictures, when I look at them I smile and think back to last week. Picking them up I think about that night. They were taken on New Year's Eve, all of us spent it together, but Gemma and Michael have gone home now.

"Harry?"

"What's up love?" I ask still trying to get my email to load.

I hear the bathroom door open, she's quiet for a moment and then speaks. "Do you think I look okay?"

I look up and my draw drops. Flo's long blonde hair has been curled into big bouncy curls. She's done her makeup simple but bronzed which compliments her outfit- a gold sequin wrap dress that stops a few inches above her knee.

"Holy fuck."

This girl never ceases to amaze me.

She blushes, which I find cute, and looks down at the carpet to distract herself. I compliment her all the time although she still hasn't gotten used to it.

"Do you think it's alright? Have I gone over the top?" I shake my head vigorously. "No Flo you look sensational."

I definitely think we look good together, I'm wearing my suit from the Another Man party with a bow tie. The party we're going to isn't extravagant or anything, although we do love to dress up.

I take her hand and squeeze it gently," come on we need to go."

"Wait," she holds me back, "I have something to say while it's just you and me."

"What's that baby?"

Flo looks up at me and grins. "Well I know we'll be preoccupied later on and so I wanted to thank you for these last couple of months. Honestly, I still can't quite believe how much my life has changed and that's all because of you."