ch. 1 • oops i had more kids

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

I had already fucked up and I hadn't even given birth yet.

I had been sleeping when my water broke, and I slept right through it. Now, there was no time to drive all the way through Queens traffic to go all the way to the hospital. So I was sitting in the bathtub, getting ready to push out a baby. And Lance looked like he was going to pass out from all of the blood. I held his hand tightly, and I could tell it was hurting him, but he didn't tell me to stop.

Now let me give you some backstory of the events that have occurred in my life lately.

I found out I was having twins! Yay...

Ciara has started to walk and talk, and it has caused some...interesting issues

I wasn't fully moved in with Lance, but I pretty much spent all of my time there

Lance and I were planning to take a paternity test to see who was the father of the twins

My pregnancy had lasted a whole 8 months!! And, so far, no...unexpected complications

A compiled compilation of missed events

1. Ciara's first word (not good ngl)

I was sitting on the floor of Harley's floor, with Ciara in my lap, and we were talking about how we missed my dad before mom had left, how fun and chill he used to be. Lance was taking a nap on the couch, having worked all night up until this morning. Working on getting Kylah private training.

"He punched me in the face." Lance grumbled, opening one eye.

"Yeah, and? That was my favorite part." Harley joked, grinning. Lance sat up slowly, running his hands down his head to flatten his hair.

"Well, I punched him back, so it's fine." He sighed. He leaned over me (I was sitting in front of him), and picked up Ciara before standing up.

"You know, Lance, despite your shit personality, you're pretty good with kids." Harley observed, watching as he cleaned chocolate pudding off of Ciara's face.

"Well duh. I have kids, dumbass. And I was one." He said matter-of-factly. He walked into the kitchen, setting her on the table as he opened the fridge.

"Watch. She always freaks out when he doesn't pay attention to her." I whispered. Ciara began to babble loudly, trying to get Lance to turn and look at her.

"Okay, Jesus. Let me get a beer without freaking out for three seconds." He snapped lightly.

"Dada." She responded simply, smiling at him. Lance stared at her.

"What did you just say?"

"Dada!" She repeated loudly, reaching out to him. I snapped my head up to look at him, and his eyes were wide.

"You heard that, didn't you?" He said slowly, raising an eyebrow. I nodded.

"She just...said her first word!" I stood up quickly, running over and picking her up. "Good job!" I twirled her around. Lance gave me an exasperated look.

"Are we just going to ignore that?" He crossed his arms. I shrugged.

"Don't be a whiny bitch about it."

2. Ciara's first steps!!

I had been sitting on the floor with Ciara for over two hours, trying to get her to walk towards me from the other side of the room, where she was playing with Lance's watch as she sat in his lap. Lance, who was also encouraging her to go away seeing as she had just stuck the watch in her mouth, giggling.