ch. 36 • liars and lovers

The drive home was rough, but I did it. When I got into the garage, I noticed that Lance's car was already there. Shit. I wouldn't even get any time to think this over.

I made my way upstairs and into the house, opening the door and stepping in. I didn't hear anything, just the TV in the background, so I assumed kids were being occupied while Lance did something else. I walked into the living room and my assumptions were correct, but Lance wasn't there. I sat Shay down along with the rest of them.

"Where's your dad?" I asked. He was letting them watch Fast and Furious 7.

"I think he's in his room taking a nap. He said if we wake him up we have to look through the trash for dinner." Aria muttered, distracted by the movie. I squeezed her shoulder and then headed down the hall to our room. The door was closed, but I walked in because it was also my room. Lance was indeed sleeping, and had a breathe right strip and an eye mask on. He was out cold. I shut the curtains so it was darker in the room before laying down next to him, head on his shoulder.

"Where have you been?" His voice startled me, and I sat straight up in alarm.

"Woah. Didn't know you were awake." I tried to divert the conversation, but I could tell from his tone that he was set on it.

"Don't change the subject." He said through gritted teeth. "Please explain to me why I get home, my kids are with a babysitter, your ring is on the counter, and you and Shay are gone."

"Appointment." I said, hoping he wasn't able to see my face. That would've given away that I was lying out of my ass.

"Appointment my ass. I schedule the appointments. I would've known about it." I felt him get out of bed, and then heard his footsteps on the floor before the bedroom flooded with lights. He was shirtless, and his torso was covered in forming bruises.

"What the fuck happened to you?" I reached for him, but he leaned away.

"Explanation. Now." He pressed, arms crossed tightly over his discolored chest.

"I don't have to tell you everything I do. It's really none of your business." I muttered, sitting down on the bed.

"I'm marrying you. Yes you fucking do." He snapped, his ears starting to turn red.

"Well, if you want to know so bad, maybe you should ask nicer." I scoffed. He clenched his jaw.

"You went and saw Roman. I know about that. Just not sure why you brought the baby and why you decided it was okay to leave your ring on the counter." He then released his arms, shrugging. "And tell Roman that you're single."

Was he fucking stalking me?

"How do you know about that?" I gasped slightly. Oh, this was going to cause a big argument.

"Ran into your little cuddle buddy at the bar. Don't worry, I left him worse than he left me. Dumb bitch only goes for body shots." He scoffed.

"You found Roman and beat him up in a bar? Are you serious?" Sometimes I wondered if Lance was legitimately crazy. He rolled his eyes.

"Don't be so dramatic. I was at the same bar as him, and he came up to me talking some crazy shit about how if he couldn't have you he was glad I couldn't either so obviously I told him we were engaged and he started throwing punches." He explained. "You lied about being engaged."

"Technically I didn't because he never asked me if I was." I pointed out. He shook his head.

"He told me you were single." He walked towards me, grabbing my chin. "Exhale." He ordered. I did so, and he pursed his lips. "Where were you drinking?''