ch. 4 • broken wishes

Cara's P.O.V

After we got home from the hospital, things were kind of hectic. Lance was called into work four times due to the fact that Chris had sprained her ankle right before qualification, during which Jace's crib decided to fall apart, Adele was pissed at Lance because apparently she was going to keep Aria for a while while we got settled (which would've been nice) but he refused, so she dropped her off with me four hours after I got home, and Ciara wouldn't stop crying for an hour. Finally, Lance arrived, and I almost cried out in happiness.

"Hey, sorry I had to leave. They've got it all under control, and she'll still be able to compete." Lance sighed, picking a teary eyed Ciara up out of my lap.

"Aria is eating lunch behind you and the twins are finally sleeping. I had to put an IKEA crib back together, by the way." I sighed, rubbing my temples. Lance turned around and hugged Aria, stealing a chip off of her plate.

"Yeah, I was drunk when I put that together." He said apologetically. Aria let out a sound of protest.

"Dad!" She gasped. He scoffed.

"What?! It was my birthday!" He said indignantly. He bounced Ciara on his hip, getting a small giggle out of my usually stone cold daughter. "Go take a nap, Cara. You just had a baby."

"What if the twins wake up? You can't handle four kids on your own." I fretted, watching as Ciara fussed in his arms. He shook his head.

"Technically, only the twins. Aria's got it going on, and Ciara is tired, so she can take a nap with you." He reassured. I smiled, reaching out for her.

"Mommy!" She cried, giggling excitedly as Lance handed her over. I patted her back.

"You tired, baby?" I asked as I headed for Lance's bed. She nodded unceremoniously, laying her head on my shoulder. I closed the door behind me, setting her down on the bed. She crawled around, settling in the divot of the bed where Lance slept. I pulled back the covers, letting her slip in before I did the same. She scooted closer to me, wrapping her arms around my neck.

It was moments like these that made me appreciate that I had ended up pregnant. Ended up keeping the best thing that had ever happened to me. Ciara had been with me through some of the worst moments of my life (some of them before she was born), but I knew I was going to make sure she never had to go through any of that.

When I woke up, both of the girls were sleeping next to me, and Lance was laying up in the bed, Jace asleep on his bare chest. He had his right hand under Aria's head so she could lean her head over the side of the bed, and he was rubbing Ciara's back with his free hand.

"Is Shay still asleep?" I mumbled, shifting so I could turn around to face him. Ciara whined in her sleep, but didn't wake up. His eyes were closed, but he was awake.

"Like a rock. Your son is not as peaceful. I'm surprised you couldn't hear him screaming his lungs out." He grumbled, opening one eye to look at me, then the tiny baby on his chest. I ran my thumb over his lips, smiling lazily.

"He's your son too, you know."

"When he screams like that, he's your son." Lance shook his head in disapproval. I sighed, staring at the three sleeping kids keeping him from moving.

"Ugh, I feel like a soccer mom. There's so many of them." I groaned, sitting up and reaching over to pick up Jace gently. Lance scoffed.

"Soccer moms give terrible blow jobs." At my disturbed look, he grinned. "Which is a quality way of saying you are not a soccer mom."

"How...?" I decided it was better not to ask. "You're just saying that because you want me to blow you."

"You said it, not me."