ch. 6 • don't listen to lance

Over the next couple of days, things were tense. Lance was in and out of the house, working and doing god knows that else, and when he was home, he was livid with everything I did, and refused to speak to me unless it concerned the kids. Finally, after two weeks of his temper, he call a call requesting he be pulled off paternity leave for a trip to Texas for a coach's meeting. Apparently he had agreed to be my spokesperson without my consent, because I knew for a fact that the meeting was surrounded by our program. Since he was gone, it meant I could finally do what I'd wanted to do for a while. Hire a nanny. Like a babysitter, but better!!
The kids were already asleep when she had first arrived (a friend of Thea's who had offered a 'family' discount,) and she would be staying with them until I came home.

I was wearing a black bralette that was an inch away from showing everything, black jean shorts, and shimmery platform heels. India, Cali, Rhea, Libra,  and even my sister-in-law Dumah, who I literally never saw (but was in town for the weekend) were coming with. I hadn't been actually clubbing in forever, but tonight I was finally taking the next step. We were currently in an Uber, all squeezed in the back on our way to a club near the gym called Pandemonium.

"Cara, are you planning on hooking up with anyone?" Dumah pressed, grinning at me. I shrugged.

"Depends on whether I get drunk enough." I laughed, trying to push Lance and the kids into the back of my mind.

"I, for one, plan on hooking up with someone. Drunk or not." Cali cheered. We all chimed in, laughing loudly. I silently wondered what the Uber driver was probably thinking right now.

"Well I'm meeting Klay and his friends there, so I will be sadly unavailable." Libra boasted. She had dumped Sam Winchester awhile ago, and had now moved onto some random guy she met at another club all the way by Bay Ridge. Rhea rolled her eyes.

"Does this 'Klay' bitch have any hot friends?" She purred, grinning. Libra nodded.

"Tons. Although, I've already reserved one for Cara." I have her an annoyed look.

"Why is everyone so concerned with my love life?! And why did you pick someone so specific for me?" I grumbled, crossing my arms. She rolled her eyes.

"Don't be such a pussy. I'm suggesting him for you because he's your specific type. Dark hair, pretty eyes. Right up your alley." She pointed out. The girls threw in claims of agreement, and I groaned.

"Fine, but no guarantee I'm doing anything with him." I sighed. Libra sighed in relief.

"Rhea, there's also this guy named Cash. He has a face tattoo." She said, wiggling her eyebrows. Rhea scoffed.

"That's insulting, but I'm also intrigued."

"I knew you would be. The rest of you are sadly on your own, seeing as the rest of them are serious douchebags." Libra said apologetically. Cali snorted.

"I don't know where you've been living, but serious douchebags are right up my alley." She laughed. I nodded.

"She's not lying. She used to have a crush on Lance when we were younger."

"You said you wouldn't tell anyone!" She yelled playfully, shoving me. I stuck out my tongue at her.

"Sorry not sorry!"

We drove for about ten more minutes before the disgruntled driver basically threw us to the curb in front of the club, not saying a word as he took our money. We giggled our way into the club, flashing our IDs as we went. As soon as we were in, the guy I assumed was Klay was all over Libra, grabbing her ass right in front of all of us. Wow, another quality choice of boyfriends. Cali immediately dragged me over to the bar, ordering four Kamikaze shots for each of us.