CHP30

The room that Luke and Alex was put to reeked of alcohol and smoke from cigarettes. Though it does look organized.

After the long flight, they had been sent to someone's dwelling in a subdivision. Probably Dr. Stanley's.

Inside looked like it was a science laboratory. But on the outside , it looked completely like any other house.

The room that they were was located upstairs at the far end. Two men escorted them in and threw them unto the floor.  The scarred man bent down, slipped something on one of their legs and ripped the tape that was taped on their mouths. The pain felt like being bitten by a swarm of ants all at once.

Alex looked at him rudely and spat on his face. "Asshole."She muttered. Luke nudged her to shut her up. Did she forget that we are still tied up and are incapable of protecting ourselves in any way?

He brought out a knife and pressed it against her cheek. Bringing his face closer to hers , he said"What did you say you little dick"

Alex sniffed. "Dude, you should smell yourself." He pressed the knife harder, resulting into a little cut on her cheek.

"Rafael that's enough. Boss is going to cook your ass if you kill the kid now." His companion informed. He cursed and stood up.

His companion left the room and he followed. "Any funny business from you and that thing around your leg will electrecute you." He slammed the door shut and locked it.

"Alex you could have gotten us killed! Sheesh if I can be heartless for a moment, I'll sew your mouth shut." Luke said, annoyed.

"Hey you can't blame me. That guy smelled like chicken mixed with vomit and broken dreams."

"Did he cut you..me?"Luke asked as he couldn't see her face.

"A small cut on the cheek wouldn't hurt now would it? Besides , a bullet going through my shoulder  is more painful. ."

Luke felt guilty. "I'm sorry."

Everything was still for a moment. Not a word came out of their mouths. Luke's head was just opposite hers. Being tied back to back was not comfortable for him and was damn sure it wasn't comfortable for her too. He tried to look for a better, a more comfortable position but failed. Luke paused. He  could hear her breathing very clearly. To break the silence, he asked "Hey, how come you got used to this stuff...your dad killi---"

"My dad is not a cold blooded killer. Do you ever watch television?"

He managed a low laugh. "Yeah...we don't have television back at the apartment."

Alex turned her head, trying to look at him."Well you must have heard of them before we met. Actually this is the first time I actually saw him kill people. I don't blame him...this is a serious matter. In their past missions, never had they killed people...sure they shoot them sometimes to apprehend them but it's only minor wounds. It won't  lead to their deaths. At times they knock them unconscious before the police arrests their target when they leave , set them up for the people to see and leave their mark. No blood spilled. Killing isn't their objective.. but exposing them to the world." Alex sighed " I guess this is different."

"I guess because it involves saving millions. More importantly it involves you."Luke said.

"I guess so."

The door to the room was opened. They both turned their heads to see who it was. It was the same two men from earlier.

"Time to go."

When Daniel arrived at the mansion early the next day to say goodbye to her before he left for Italy, no Vanessa was seen. This caused a fire inside him to build up. Not that he was angry. Only, he felt a burning feeling inside him that something bad happened.

He called her friends and colleagues from the company that she works in. Turns out, not a single one of them has seen her.

Where could she have possibly gone?

He tried to call her phone. Nothing. If possible, he wanted to get the entire police force to search with him. To where she could be at the moment.

What if she went to Italy....

Daniel raced back in his car. Vanessa possibly in harm's way was on his mind. It was what they were talking about yesterday.

He cursed. Somewhere in his mind he knew that a situation like this will ensue. He was right. And if Vanessa really did go to Italy, that means the two most important people to him is in danger.

Daniel gritted his teeth. 'None of this would have happened if it weren't for Ethan.' He thought. Oh if only he could fly his way to Italy and get there before anything happens to Alex and Vanessa.

Never in his life did he ever feel this scared. With his left hand on the stirring wheel, he fished for his phone in his pocket. He contacted Benjin.

It was only after 2 rings did he pick up.

"Danie----"

"Benjin get your arse ready we need to go right now."