CHP42

The next day, Alex returned to school even though her mother insisted that she stays t home to let her wound heal a bit. Everyone was  surprised to see her. She casually walked along the hallway going to their room. Some students didn't mind her existence while some stared at her while gossiping.

Alex gasped when somebody from behind tackled her.  It was Isabella and Nicole.

"Guys would you stop trying to kill me? " She said,  the both of them on top of her.

"The fuck happened to you?! You weren't answering our calls. We thought you died!  " Isabella exclaimed,  not minding what she just said.

"Yeah I haven't touched my phone recently.  Now move. "

"I missed seeing your ugly face. "Nicole murmured, squishing her cheeks.

"Come on..  Get off me. We look like we're having a threesome."she groaned. Both of them did just that and helped her stand back up.

"Geesh you two are like savages. " She felt pain from her chest but it was bearable. Alex began to think that her mother was right..  She should have stayed at home.

"Nahh..  We just really miss you. "

"Aww...  That warms my heart. "She said in a childish voice and put a hand over her heart. Nicole and Isabella rolled their eyes.

The bell rang.

"Let's get to class.  Good to see your pretty ass back in school." The three of them entered their classroom and Alex immediately saw Sean at the backmost seat looking at her .

"Alright..  Take a seat people. Classes have started. " She took the empty seat at the front. Nicole on her left.  Isabella on her right.

Alex felt the burning gaze of Sean from behind while their history teacher explained their lesson.  She turned to peek at him and indeed he was still watching her.

Alex tried to focus on taking notes but her mind keeps flying away.  The past few weeks have been the best and probably also the worst days of her life.

Not only did she experience being a guy but she also experienced getting shot.  Twice. Good thing God was always by her side to save her from dying.

Maybe everything that had happened was God's plan all along . After all, she now remembers what it feels to have a complete family again. She'd forgotten what it was like to have bondings with her parents and the body swapping gave her an opportunity to feel it once more.

Everything is okay now. No more crazy switching and no more guns.  The only problem now was her relationship with Sean. Guilt was eating her from the inside. She didn't know what to say.

Come on Alex!  He loves you... He'll understand.. But the real question is.. Do you still love him?

The mere thought made her very shameful of herself.  He didn't do anything to ruin their relationship and here she is.  Having a conversation with herself whether she still loves the man or not.

Okay.. Okay.. Just talk to him later okay?  Say sorry. Tell him you love him. Do everything to make it right. She took a deep breath and smiled.

When first period was over, Alex was supposed to talk to him but the teacher called her. She had to make an excuse on her continuous absence and thankfully her teacher believed her.

Turning to scan the room, she saw no one but Nicole and Isabella waiting for her.

Did Sean just leave without even telling me? Didn't he miss me?