CHP17

Sonya popped her head out of the car window."Are you three going to stand there till the others come?"

Nick, Luke and Alex whose jaws were agape came back to their senses and hurriedly went inside the car.

He started the engine and sped away from there. "You guys hurt somewhere?"Ethan asked.

"Luke has been shot, Nick has a nosebleed and I bashed my head back there but nevertheless we're fine dad"

Sonya and Ethan looked back at Alex who was slightly confused by their reaction.

"What?"

Luke looked at her. Did she forget that they switched bodies? "Sir, that's your daughter at the moment and I'm Luke"

His eyes redirected at the road. "Is it deep? Your gunshot wound."

"It went through the shoulder."

"Yep. That's gonna leave a scar."Alex shook her head.

"At least you're not the one who endured the pain."

Nick looked back. There were three cars following them. "Sorry to interrupt your conversation but I think we've got company."

Everybody became aware of the cars that followed them. "Kids, now would be a good time to duck."Sonya instructed them.

They followed for the sake of their lives. Sonya brought out half of her body out the window and began shooting at the cars who shot back. She shot one of the car's tire and it lost control and stopped dead in its tracks.

Ethan took a sharp turn, she had to retreat back in the car or else she'd fall of the car.

Just then, two motorbikes appeared out of the blue from behind the cars that were following them.

"Don't you worry Athena, these two idiots are going to take care of this."  Gunman said through his earpiece with a cheerful tone.

Ethan went into full speed."It's about time you pricks showed up." He drove with recklessness. Luke, Nick and Alex had to hold on tight to something in order to not fly out of the car any moment.

He drifted during turns and overtook cars with no fear.

Steel laughed. "We dropped by at McDonald's Alpha. Hope you don't mind" , he joked.

"Alpha there's another car going to your ex-wife's work location. I think you should hurry up a little." Hacker informed as he checked on the CCTV at that area.

"On it."

Steel and Gunman took care of the others. They were being shot at . Steel shot the front tire of one of the vehicles and it spinned out of control, crashing into the nearby establishment. Gunman drove the motorbike until it reached the driver's side, exactly at his side so that he could just shoot him. The driver and him locked gazes for a brief moment both the driver and the passenger had  guns pointed at him. He had to slow down a little so he won't be a dead man. Again, he sped up a little and shot the driver successfully.The guy on the passenger's seat panicked and tried to take control of the steering wheel but Steel who was at his side , shot him with no doubt.

The two sped off and tried to catch up with Ethan and the others. Ethan, meanwhile drove as fast as the car could go to reach the company.

"Hurry. They are entering the building" Hacker updated.

Vanessa who was oblivious of what's happening sat at her desk, doing the paperworks that Jim Evans, the CEO of J.Lo Company asked her to do.

In appearance, she was focused on finishing her task however in mind, she was bothered. Bothered by the fact that Daniel proposed to her two days ago. Time. That's what she asked of him to think things through.

She told him to keep it from Alex until she answered the big question. It was just a yes or a no yet why is it so hard for her to answer? Saying yes felt right yet was wrong for some reason.

How could something right feel so wrong?

Her thoughts was interrupted by her co-worker. "Vanessa there's two people who want to see you. "

"Huh? What did they say their names were?"

"I don't know but to be honest, they seem fishy. If you want I can just call the guard and--"

"No, no. Don't."

"If you say so Vanessa."Belle Menae, her colleague and  friend left after that. Vanessa stood up and went to check on whoever these people are.

She saw the two immediately, they were smiling at her from afar. They stood near the last cubicle at the cornermost part of the room just close to the elevator.Not to be rude, she smile back. Belle was right. She thought to herself. Something about them made her skeptical. As she walked towards them, she felt the atmosphere getting thicker and thicker which made her slow down a bit. Cubicle by cubicle with one person of each, she came nearer and nearer. Dread was at the back of her head.

Vibration and ringing in the back pocket of her jeans fully stopped her. It was Alex. She picked up the call and placed the phone near her ear.

Instead of a female voice, a male voice answered."Mom get out of the building now. We're at the parking lot"

"Luke? Why are you calling me mom?"

"Long story. Now get out of there now. Please." His tone was stern and full of worry. Why was he pleading?

Vanessa glanced at the two who was looking at her suspiciously. Their smiles long gone and was now replaced with cold expressions.

"Yeah. In a minute."She ended the call and finally with last few remaining steps, they were in front of her.

Both their smiles returned."Hello Mrs. Carlton."The lady greeted , at that same moment the elevator dinged open.

Ethan, as well as Gunman and Steel stepped in the place. Vanessa was all too surprised to see his face again. In person that is.

In a blink of an eye, both Jonathan and Kristina pulled out their guns and   had started shooting at them which caused the three men to take cover in the elevator. The elevator dinged shut. Vanessa grabbed the opportunity of the distraction to run and hide somewhere. People were already panicked at the situation. Everyone was running around like chickens gone loose.

Kristina turned her head. "Shit. Jonathan, deal with those pricks while I deal with her."

He smiled from ear to ear. He always loved the violence and their screams."My pleasure."

Kristina ran after Vanessa. Jonathan was left behind, waiting for it to open again.

Ding!

He pointed the gun but there was nobody inside.  Jonathan stepped in, still alert and his gun clenched  in his hands.

Gunman and Steel with Ethan who were on the sides acted quickly. Gunman snatched the gun  and punched him hard directly on the face while Ethan slipped out of there just as it closed. Those fools are going to kill each other.

His eyes searched the surroundings for Vanessa. People were running all over the place, it was quite hard to spot her. His eyes adjusted to two women fighting each other at the corner of the room. Kristina's gun was lain on the floor. Nobody considering to take it.

Vanessa struggled. Kristina had her arm squeezed around her neck.

Ethan sprinted towards them. 

She headbutted her which caused Kristina to loosen her grip but not let go. Vanessa took big steps backward, planning to smash Kristina on the wall which was behind them both. She was breathless. It's only a matter of time till she runs out.