Jinhwan - iKON (Requested by TiffanyChung9

Tiffany's P.O.V

I was walking with my friends to the cafeteria when I saw Jinhwan, my best friend in my English class, with a girl. My heart pounded in jealousy. I kept on denying that I like him, but before, I wasn't even sure. I realized that I liked him because of my friend that said I like him, because I keep looking around for him whenever I get the chance, or I always catch myself looking at him.

He was laughing. Although his laughter is like music to my ears, I hate how that he's laughing for her.

I plugged my earphones in, and played "What My Heart Tells Me to Do" by B.A.P. It describes me a lot right now, as I'm trying to move on from Jinhwan before I hurt myself.

I kept walking with my friends, but Nayeon sensed something was wrong with me.

"What's wrong?" She said as she turned on my phone, and saw what song was playing. She was the only one who knew that I liked Jinhwan, and always told me how he liked me and kept sneaking glances at me in English. I highly doubt that though.

"No matter what you do, don't get over him, because I swear with my life, he likes you," she explained as I kept doubting and saying "no" over and over again. Who would even like me?

Jinhwan's P.O.V

I sensed something was wrong with Tiff. She didn't have that usual smile or the happy look on her face. She wasn't depressed, was she?

Jihyun kept blabbing, but I wasn't listening. I was busy looking at Tiffany, with her earplugs in and seemed sullen.

I was about to walk to her as Jihyun reached for my arm and pulled me back down on the chair.

"Where are you going?" She said questionably, in that annoying nasally, snobby voice of hers.

"Just going to the washroom," I lied, as I stood up, got my things and left her behind. I felt bad, but I knew she had other "companions" to keep her company while I was gone for a few minutes. Tch, I'm not returning there until I die.

I hurried outside where Tiffany walked with her friends to the little group of restaurants just beside our school. Unfortunately, I couldn't find her anywhere. I gave up, mainly because it was cold, but I wanted to find her.

I went back inside, walked back to my group of friends and ate my lunch with them, but my mind was distraught and filled with thoughts and daydreams of Tiffany.

Tiffany's P.O.V

School ended, finally. I can go back home and catch up on my school work and try not to think about Jinhwan and Jihyun together. Were they together? My heart broke at the thought. If they were together, why would he keep stealing glances at me while he's with her?

I usually walk home with Jinhwan because our houses were two blocks away from each other, but today I walked home alone. I plugged in my earphones, and replayed my depressing playlist full of sad songs. I wasn't in the mood for cheery and jumpy songs, because even the weather affects my mood. Even though I keep telling myself that I should try to get over him, tell myself that he wasn't even the slightest bit interested in me, I can't get over him no matter what.

I felt a hand on my shoulder as my reflexes awoke. I immediately punched the person's cheek harshly, as I realized who it was.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" I apologized profusedly to Jinhwan, who apparently chose to scare me, and learn the outcome the hard way.

"It's alright," he said as he rubbed his cheek. I cupped his cheek, checking if a bruise was forming. I felt him tense as I realized what I just did. Omo... What did I just do?

My actions usually happen before my mind can react, and that is one of my fatal flaws. I pulled my hand away while blushing.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were walking home with Jihyun," I looked straight ahead, avoiding his gaze as I spoke.

"Nah, she has someone to drive her home," he explained, while putting an arm around my shoulder.

"Uh, what are you doing?" I asked awkwardly as I shrugged him off.

"Putting my arm around you, is that a crime?" He smirked as he put his arm back on my shoulders. I blushed a light pink as I looked the opposite direction, pretending to be focusing on something so he wouldn't look at my embarrassed pink tinted face.

Eventually my house appeared into sight. I removed Jinhwan's arm from my shoulders, as I walked quickly at a brisk pace.

"Wait, can we go to the park for awhile?" Jinhwan asked, avoiding my gaze. I eyed him curiously.

"Uh, sure?" I agreed hesitantly, curious of what he would want from me.

We walked to the nearest park, and I recognized it as the park that we would always go to ever since we were in elementary school. The initials, 'J & T' were still carved on the swings' pole. They weren't as noticeable as before, but it was still there. Just like our friendship, as it faded away slowly as time went on.

"Why are we here?" I asked, as Jinhwan sat down on one of the swings and pointed to the empty swing beside him, gesturing for me to sit with him.

"You do remember this park, right?" He asked slowly, as if he was scared of my answer.

"Yeah, this was our place when we were younger," I said as I swung my feet back and forth, making me soar higher.

"Do you know why I brought you here?"

"Because you needed a break from everything?"

"No, I wanted to see if you still remembered our special place," he emphasized on the word 'our' as he too swung his legs back and forth.

"Are you jealous?" Jinhwan blurted out of nowhere, as I froze and stopped swinging my legs.

"Why would I be jealous? You're my best friend, what should I be jealous about?" My heart shattered when I said that we were only best friends. Little did he know, I wanted to be more.

"Maybe I want to be something more than just friends."

My heart stopped, as I looked up and turned my head towards him.

"What?" I was shocked with disbelief, as he avoided my gaze and shrank into the swing seat as if he wanted to bury himself in a hole and die right then and there. I would feel the same if I confessed to him like that.

"I want to be yours, and I want you to be mine. Why is that so hard?" Jinhwan hesitated before speaking, "unless you don't like me back," he hesitated.

"I do like you, but how can we be together when you're with Jihyun?" I know it was a terrible moment to ruin, with Jihyun brought up, but I had to mention it.

"What do you mean? We were never together, we were just friends," he winced when he said 'friends'.

"Why did you wince when you said she was your friend?" I laughed as he broke out into one of his charming smiles as he chuckled.

"I'm not very fond of her," he laughed, triggering my laugh also.

"So will you be mine?"

My heart skipped a beat as my stomach filled with butterflies.

"Yes I will," I agreed happily.

He stood up from his swing, and walked to my swing. Jinhwan stopped in front of me as he knelt down on both knees, and held my hands. Even when he was kneeling, he was taller because of the tiny kiddie swing I was sitting on.

He leaned in, and pressed his soft lips against mine.

"I'll cherish you forever, Tiffany."