Chapter 21

Jessica pov.

I stayed at April house last night. I've been at Aprils all day today. It's 7:00pm and time for this stupid dance. I mean it's not like I'm gonna dance. I suck at dancing. "It's time." April exclaims as she slips on her shoes. April is wearing a yellow dress that is a long and stops at her feet. I however am wearing a blue dress that stops at the knees. Not too fancy just the way I like it. My hair is down and curled. Aprils is in her signature ponytail and curled some. "Well let's get this over with." I say as we walk to my car. I haven't drove it in weeks. it's been parked by Aprils house. Im glad no one stole it. We pull up to the high school and I instantly see it's packed. Girls walk in with boys in tuxedoes. "Um on second thought I don't feel to good." I say getting back in the car. "O no you dont." April says graving my wrist and pulling me toward the school. I sigh and stop resisting. I fight crime, I can handle a couple hours at a dance. I hope. We walk in and a song is playing April drags me over to a place and we sit. Soon the dance starts and people start dancing. Then a slow song comes on. April walks over to a table and sits clearly not interested in slow dancing. To bad donnie isn't here. I follow and sit by her. Then I see Casey jones walking over. Honestly he looks no different he is still wearing his regular clothes to the dance. typical Casey. He walks over and stops at april. "wanna dance red." he says. I want to tell him to leave and that she's Donnie's girl but April blushes and allows him to pull her on the dance floor leaving me alone like a loner. I to busey zoning out to realize that someone walks over to me. so when I stand up and turn I almost run smack into them. "Hey look I diddnt no they let losers into this dance." says a blonde girl with short hair. I recognize her voice. It sounds like someone with their nose plugged up. I know it's mean but it's the truth. Her name is lizzy. "Leave me alone and move." I say trying to monuever around her. I notice that the song is over and another slow song plays. April stayed on the dance floor with Casey. her arms are wrapped around his neck and his hands an her waist. Lizzy allows me to pass her then that brat pushes me. I stumble towards and run smack into a boy with blonde hair. "Sorry." I say as I back up. "O no it's okay I'm Ben." he says and smiles kindly. "I'm Jessica" I say. "Well Jessica would you like to dance." Ben says. I think about it for a second. It will only be one dance it doesn't mean anything. "Sure" I say. I follow him and he stops by Casey and april. I walk up to him and wrap my hands around his neck as he puts his hands on my waist. April looks at me and grins. I glare at her knowing what she is thinking. And for the record leo is the only boy for me so Ben best not be getting any ideas. After the song is over I walk over to april. and we go and sit at a table. Then Casey and Ben walks over to us. Great Ben is Casey's friend. They sit and we talk for awhile. The whole time Ben keeps staring at me. Soon the dance is over and we walk out of the school. Casey and Ben escorted us to my vehicle. "Thanks". April says as she gets in. I stop at the car door. "Do you need a ride jones." I say. "U sure but can you drop Ben off to we have hockey practice." Casey says. Ugh I just want to get away from Ben but my niceness makes me say yes. "Thanks" Ben says getting in the passenger seat dice April wanted to sit by Casey. I drop April off first because her house is fist up. "I will come over tomorrow." she says as she gets out of the car. I pull out onto the street and head toward the hockey rink. "Umm Jess I changed my mind could you drop me off and then Ben can give you directions to his place." Casey says. I glare at him. I don't want to be by Ben alone. "Sure jones. " I growl and pull up to his house. As soon as he steps out I speed off. making him stumble backwards. I can tell he is shouting but I don't care. All I care about is dropping Ben off and never seeing him again. He gives me directions. He is starting to make me uncomfortable. Soon I am lost. "Whoops I guess I gave the wrong directions huh." he says. I am steaming mad. I stop at a gas station and walk in for directions. As soon as I walk out of the gas station and get in the car Ben is smiling. "what." I say making it clear that I am annoyed. "O nothing. Your phone rang so I answered it...." Ben says trailing off. "Who was it." I say. "Well some guy named leo he asked where you were.". Ben said acting like a jerk. "And you said" I ask. "I said that you weren't hear right now then he asked who I was and what I was doing with you and I said that we were on a date.". He says smiling. Without thinking I punch Ben in the face. push him out of the car, shut the door and speed off.