009

Levi's P.O.V

After we finally finished cleaning, it was time for dinner, Y/N and I sit at the ends of the table, Eld and Gunther on my sides, Oluo beside Gunther, and Eren beside Oluo and Y/N, Petra beside Eld.

"Though we're under orders to stand by for a few more days, I heard that a large-scale expedition to the outer lands is being prepared and in addition, freshly graduated recruits will join us in it. Is that true, Eren, Y/N?" Eld questions.

"That's too sudden. Not to mention that those new recruits have just survived the titans' attack the other day," Gunther says.

"I bet they were shocked paralysed at the time," Oluo chuckles and Y/N glares at him only for him to flinch and look away.

"Is that true about the expedition, Captian?" Petra asks me.

"Strategising doesn't fall under my responsibilities," I tell her, "It's up to him to decide. He always thinks a few more steps ahead than us."

"True... The situation has changed. The route for Wall Maria's recovery we paid great sacrifices to establish is gone just like that... But at the same time the new hope unlike anything ever before has appeared out of the blue," Eld says and everyone looks at Eren, "I still can't believe it, but... How does it feel to become a titan?" 

Eren looks at Y/N who smiles and nods, "My memories of the time when I transformed aren't exactly reliable... Well, anyway, it's something similar to being in a feverish state... And in order to transform I need to injure myself. So I bite my hand and..." Eren says looking at his hand and freezes.

"To be honest," Y/N says and we all look at him, "You all should be aware of this already, you won't get anything new out of him other than what's already written in the reports," She says and looks at me with a smile.

"Oh well, that won't stop her from trying though, you know that better than myself, Y/N. Her monkeying around with Eren might be the death of him," Levi says.

The door opens, "Good Evening Squad Levi! And Bestie," Hanji says and we look over, "How do you like in a castle?" 

"Her," Levi confirms.

"Squad Leader Hanji," Eren says and listens to everything she says.

"Levi, what plans do you have regarding Eren for tomorrow?" Hanji asks me.

I don't respond at first, "Cleaning of the yard," I tell her.

"Alright! It's all settled then! Eren, see you tomorrow!!!" They both shake hands.

"I would like to ask you though, what is that experiment you're talking about?" Eren asks.

Oluo nudges him to shut him up and everyone but Eren and Hanji get up walking to the door, "Goodnight Eren, Hanji," Y/N says shutting the door behind her and we all head to our rooms.

I walk ahead of everyone then slow down a little till Y/N is beside me, "You think they'll be there all night?" She asks.

"You know her well," I look ahead of her, "Come with me," I say and I take her up more flights of stairs.

"Levi? Where are we going?" She asks as I walk into a room and she follows.

"Come," I open up a window and stand beside it as she walks to me, "My job is to watch over you, health, mental and where your loyalty lies, you know that right?" I say and she nods looking at me, "That doesn't mean you're not a Captain."

"I lost the right to be called that," She looks out the window.

"You only lose the right to be called a Captain when you've stopped acting like on," I look out then point to trees, "Look there," I say and she looks over, "Do you recognise them?"

"M...My old team?" She asks and I nod.

"Without a Captain, I was put in charge of them. I'm guessing they just got word that you're back," I tell her and look at her as she looks at me, "That shows you are still respected and that you are still thought of like a Captain."

She nods, "I think I'll go to bed now Levi," She walks to the door.

"Don't you want to see them?" I question shutting the window.

"I will, tomorrow," She says before walking out of the room.

I walk out shutting the door behind me, "Captain," I turn to see Oluo, "May I have a word with you?" 

"It'll have to wait till tomorrow, I have some work to do," I tell him before walking ahead into my office shutting the door behind me.

Timeskip brought to you by Hanji's ramblings

We're all in the testing grounds, where Hanji kept her titans for testings. Someone killed them both in the middle of the night, "Let's go. The Military Police will deal with the rest," I tell everyone and my eyes land on Y/N with her old squad.

"Everyone, go with Levi's squad," She says and walks forward to Hanji.

"Eren," Erwin calls out and we look at him. He puts his hands on Eren's shoulders, "What does it look to you? Who is the enemy, in your opinion?" He asks. I watch them and Eren looks confused, "Sorry for asking you strange questions," He said before walking forward.