010

Levi's P.O.V

After a while, the Military Police start checking over cadet everyone's gear before they pick out which Region they want to go in.

Y/N and I stand at the back of the stage at Erwin is on, we stand in front of our squads. "I'm the Commander of the Scouting Region, Erwin Smith. The Scouting Region has an important objective behind its activities, entrusted to us by the King. The purpose of my speech to you on this day when you are to choose the division you will join is none other than inviting you to join the Scouting Region. However, because of the Titans' attack the other day, all of you here have already had a taste of what scouting outside the walls may be like."

I look at Y/N who looks back and smiles before looking out at the cadets, I'm guessing to find her brother.

"Despite the fact that you all are still trainees, you have already suffered victims in your ranks, and that in itself is unprecedented. Also, you have already experienced the dread that titan instigated in humans as well as the limit of your own power... But still, we suffered many victims in that attack, yes, but at the same time, we've made progress, unseen before, towards mankind's victory. As you all have already guessed I'm talking about Eren Jaeger," Erwin continues.

"Thanks to his and your efforts we've succeeded in preventing the advance of Titans, and we've acquired a means to uncover titans' true nature. There's still little regarding him that I tell you here, but I assure you there's no doubt that he's on our side, risking his life for our common cause." Erwin adds, "We assume that the answers to the mystery, surrounding him, will be found in the basement of his house in his hometown Shiganshina," Erwin says then looks at Y/N, he gestures her to go to him.

She looks at me and I nod before she walks towards Erwin and stands behind him a little and he gestures Eren to join them. Eren walks out and stands beside Y/N, "If we manage to reach that basement, it's likely that we'll be able to find a way to put a stop to the century of living under titans' rule," Erwin says.

Erwin looks at Y/N and they swap places, "Chicken," She smiles at Erwin who nods.

She looks forward at everyone with her hands behind her back, "It's been a few days since I've seen your faces," She smiles and tilts her head a little, " As Commander Erwin was saying about the basement, I shall continue," She closes her eyes but opens them closely, "In order to take out time to thoroughly investigate that one basement, we will need to get Wall Maria back under out control first. Our objective is what was just stated, but now that we can't use the gate of the Trost district anymore, we only have the option of departing from, Karanese and advancing to Shiganshina in a roundabout way. The path, suitable for a large force, that took us 4 years to break is now lost," She tells them, "I'll be honest with you all, in those 4 years over 90 per cent of the Scouting Region members died."

She closes her eyes, "You all know Scouting Region isn't going to be easy, it never will be," She takes a deep breath, "According to our most optimistic estimates, we'll have to sacrifice at least 5 times more soldiers and 20 more years before it will be possible to dispatch a large force to Wall Maria again and even these figures aren't quite realistic."

"We are always in search of talented members. WIth great lose after every mission, we constantly suffer from personnel shortage. I can't hide anything from you. Those of you who will choose to join the Scouts will have to participate in a Scouting Expedition outside the walls in one month from now. There's a pressing need to break a supply route," She says and Erwin and her change places.

"The probability of new recruits dying during an expedition to the outer lands was 50%, I think. those who manage to survive it, though, will become excellent soldiers with high survival rate. Those of you who are still willing to put your life on the line despite learning the dreadful state of affairs, stay here. You all know Captain Y/N had a terrible injury and her mental state wasn't perfect after the injury, but as you can see even though with how she was, she's back and standing tall," He looks at her and she looks away.

He turns to the cadets again, "That's all, those wanting to join other division dismissed," He says and people walk off.

"Commander, Y/N, don't you both think you intimidated them a little more than necessary? That speech is sure to cut the number of our new recruits by a lot, you know..." Hanji says.

Y/N looks over with her voice loud enough for just us to hear, "If they know the danger, we won't have cadets who will just die straight away. And so what? At least these who stay actually want to be a Scout," She says and looks forward to seeing a handful still there.

"So, will you be able to go die if you're told to?" Erwin asks.

"I see, everybody, you all look determined," He says and salutes, "Alright! I welcome everybody here to the Scouts" I salute your bravery! Dedicate your lives to the cause!"

"Yessir!" 

Y/N looks at someone and smiles more before walking to us stretching, "Jeez, that was intense," She says and Eren follows behind her.

"Y/N can I go see-" Eren starts.

"Not yet," Y/N says, "They just got told the truth of our job, give them some time and Erwin's not finished."

"The 104th Scouting Region salutes to all 21 of you. You endured the fear well, you all are brave soldiers. I respect you for that, from the bottom of my heart," Erwin says.

Erwin looks at Y/N and Eren, "I think there are people who want to see you both," He walks to them.

Eren takes her wrist and pulls her to who I'm guessing her brother as he instantly launches at her hugging her, she holds him close.