06 Wake up

"I was wrong, about you being an angel."

//6//

"Yeona! Are you okay? Manager Jong is so mad finding out that you weren't there!" Gladsy came into the washroom.

"Jeez, you lips are blue and you look absolutely pale, you gotta go the hospital."

"No... I'm fine."
I supported myself by holding onto the toilet. I flushed it and washed my hands in the sink. I rinsed my mouth with the tap water and fixed myself in front of the mirror. Good to go.

After leaving the washroom, I met my furious boss. "Yeona-ssi you better explain afterwards."
Crap. I knew I have no hope after hearing his statement. He left to serve the guests leaving me alone dumbfounded.

Where's Jungkook? I wander around, not seeing any signs of him. He was probably at the backstage. Nevermind, I'll look for him sooner.

"Everyone did a great job today, with the hard work of you all, the event ran well. Please give an applause for ourselves."
Mr. Jong dismissed everyone except Jungkook and I.
I didn't see him till now.

"Yeona, would you mind explaining where were you during the event." I saw disappointment from his tone. I knew I failed my task.

"I am very sorry. I was feeling unwell."
I lowered my head.

"I don't hope to see the same in the future. Now, i would announce the winner of this round."

Yeahyeah... Jungkook will win, i'm proud of my boy.

"Jungkook. That also means that Jungkook will be the new manager."

"Thank you Mr.Jong." Mr.Jong patted Jungkook's shoulders and left us alone.

"I'm happy for you." I felt the urge to hug him. The past few hours were awful. I felt like throwing up every organ in my body. I need someone to comfort me so bad and i knew he will.

"Uh- yeah thanks."
He slightly backed off when I stepped closer.

"Yeona, I am uhh... tired. We should head home to rest, I'll send you home."

I nodded.

He sent me home and left.
I expected him to act like a caring boyfriend that would take care of his girlfriend all night. Yet, it turned out he didn't care. He didn't even ask if i was okay after knowing I was sick. Maybe he was just too tired. I understand.

"Good morning! Gurrllll~" Winter put her arms on my shoulders as we walked in our office together.

"Morning Winter."

I put down my purse on my desk and left to make a cup of coffee for myself. I didn't sleep well last night. Thinking of Jungkook, I couldn't sleep. I have so many questions in my head. Which I also decided to ask him later on.

"Miss Yeona, please come to my office right now."
Mr. Jong said on his way back to his office.
He will work until this weekend, then Jungkook will officially take over his seat.

"Yes Mr.Jong."

"Take a seat sweetheart."

"Uh... yes, sir."

I sat down on the sofa while he sat across me.
Looking serious as ever. I kind of smelt something bad coming.

"Yeona, you are fired."

"W-What!? Why?"

"I'm sorry, but it was the company's order. Please pack your things and leave now. I wish you a peaceful life."

Mr.Jong said and gestured me to leave.

"I-. What-t huh-h?!"
I can't utter a word. I was just so astonished.

What's going on? I'm fired?
What in the world?

Having no choice, I packed my things into the paper box. So screwed. What did i do? What did i do to make the company fired me? The event last night? Did it really matter that much...?

"Yeona!? Where are you going? Why are you packing your things?" Winter's gaze followed my hands as i put my belongings into the paper box.

"I'll tell you later, sorry."
I quickly left the office. I was on the edge of crying. I had to leave, before i break down in front of the public. I pressed the button and waited for the lift to come.

The lift opened, Jungkook and his colleague Paul, came out of the lifted. Jungkook looked at me while walking out. Was he going to ask me what is happening? Was he going to come to me? Was he going to stop? He didn't. He walked passed me with his colleague. I left out a pathetic chuckle and walked into the lift. I was think everything to be too perfect. Wake up Park Yeona, nobody is perfect. Nothing is perfect. Nobody cared.

Cruel Kookie🤷🏼‍♀️

Cruel Kookie🤷🏼‍♀️

1Vote=1 support for Yeona