Chapter 24

Before starting the chapter, I would like to ask you all, are you guys okay? The Covid cases are rising drastically, please take care. Follow the basic rules and stay safe.

👇🏻

Manan were lost in their own world. But Manik's phone call broke their trance. Manik looked at a blushing Nandini but that didn't last for long. Nandini could feel all of a sudden Manik's body stiffened. He seemed to be tensed for some reason seeing the caller id.

"Who is calling, Manik?" Nandini asked in a soft tone.

"No one." Manik's voice was stern. He cut the call and got up from the bed.

Nandini too got up behind him with a worried face. "Manik, are you okay? Is everything fine?"

Manik closed his eyes to calm his nerves. He took a long breath and opened his eyes. He tried to smile before turning back to Nandini. "Hmm. Listen, come to home after after aunty is back. I have some work."

Nandini nodded her head not wanting to drag the matter. "Okay."

Manik passed a smile to Nandini and patted her cheeks before leaving from her place.

At night after dinner younger clan were sitting in the terrace together talking and laughing. They were having fun. But Manik was quiet. He was sitting at one side. Without anyone's notice he got up from his place and left from there. After sometime Nandini noticed that Manik was not there.

Nandini came down in search of Manik. She went to his room but he was not there as well. She checked his balcony and there he was standing facing his back towards the door. He was thinking something deeply because he didn't even notice Nandini's presence. Nandini went near him and hugged him from back. Her hands were placed above his chest. It broke his trance.

Manik turned his head a little to face her. "You?"

He was not much surprised seeing Nandini there. Somewhere he knew, if she will find him missing, then she will come looking for him.

"Yes, me. Why? Is there any problem, if I come here?"

She raised her eyebrows at the end even though Manik couldn't see it.

"No. Why will there be any problem?"

Manik removed Nandini's hand from his chest and pulled her in front of him. He held her from her waist. His hands were rested there. Nandini also sneaked her hands around his neck. Manik passed a smiled to her.

"Can ask a question?"

"Why one? You can ask me as much as you want to." Manik nuzzled his nose over her face and pecked on her forehead.

Nandini became serious. She didn't look the same playful anymore. Manik also noticed it. But he didn't interrupt, he waited for Nandini to proceed. "I just want to ask only one thing. But promise me that you will tell me the truth."

"Okay, promise."

Nandini looked into Manik's eyes directly as if she was trying to sneak into his soul through his eyes. "Manik, are you hiding something from me? Is there anything which I should know but I don't?"

Manik couldn't take her piercing gaze any longer. He also had no answer for her question. "I love you, Nandini." Manik hugged her tightly.