Chapter 23

What's up, everyone? I hope you all are doing good and are safe.

Btw did you all watch Hero? Wasn't Parth just amazing? He acted so well 😍 but those intimate scenes were a torture for my poor heart 😓 Do share what do you feel.

👇🏻

Manik went down with Nandini and made her lie down beside Alya without making any noise. He kissed on Nandini's forehead one last time and went back to his room. He freshened up and was about to go down when Nyonika came there.

"Good morning." She exclaimed with a big smile on her face.

Manik tried to smile but he was a little nervous too. "Good morning, mom."

"Did you sleep well tonight?" Nyonika muttered in a mischievous tone.

"Hmm." Manik was not meeting his mother's gaze.

"What about Nandini?"

"What do you mean?" Manik had a confused look plastered on his face.

"Last night, I was looking for you. But I didn't get you. Then I asked Nandini about you. She said she didn't know but she will look for you. She went to search you but didn't come back. I had gone to terrace to see....."

Manik got to know his mother has seen him and Nandini together last night. So, there's nothing to hide anymore.

"Mom, I need to say something important to you."

Nyonika looked at him. "Say."

Manik was about to start when Mohini came there interrupting them.

"What are you both talking about?"

"Nothing much. I came to look for Manik. I was coming down only. (Then she turned towards Manik) You also come down. Breakfast is ready. Everyone is waiting for you."

Manik couldn't say anything as Nyonika left with Mohini. He sighed.

Whole day Manik didn't come out of his room. For some unknown reason today he was missing Nandini badly. He wondered why Nandini didn't come to meet him today nor she came to his room. Leave all that, she didn't even call him for once. He was getting impatient.

He got up and went to Alya's room to check, if Nandini was there or not. Alya saw him and asked, "What happened, Manik? Are you looking for someone?" She couldn't stop herself from teasing him even though she knew the answer.

Manik tried hiding the emotion on her face. "Nope. Whom will I look for?"

Alya nodded her head in disbelief. "Let it be. No need to lie. I can understand it all. Stop pretending."

Manik sighed. "Where is she?"

Alya suddenly became serious. She looked into Manik's eyes. "Has something happened between you two? She didn't tell me anything but I can sense something is wrong. Nandini didn't have her breakfast properly. I asked her for lunch but she didn't come down saying she is not hungry. Then she left"

"Oh." Manik didn't say anything more, to be more precise he didn't have anything more to speak.

"What's wrong?" Alya placed her palm on his shoulder. She asked again.