Chapter 37

Nandini came back home after hospital. She saw a lot of hustle bustle going on there. The whole house was decorated. She was confused with all these. Ankita came there seeing Nandini back.

"Where did you go? Have you forgotten what today is?"

"What's there today?" Nandini asked in confusion.

"It's your engagement today, Nandini."

That time it hit Nandini's mind that today she was supposed to get engaged with Smaran. She forgot to tell Manik about it.

Nandini hurriedly went to her room and called Manik. But his phone rang in her bag only. She remembered Manik had left his phone in her cabin. She ran to Cabir's room for help. She barged into Cabir's room. He was shocked seeing Nandini like that.

"What happened, Nandini? Is everything okay?"

"Manik's phone is with me." She was huffing as she had run all the way from her home to his room.

"So what? And how did you get his phone?" Cabir asked not having any idea of the happenings.

"I'll explain everything to you later. Now I don't have much time. I had forgotten that it's my engagement today with Smaran. I didn't tell this to Manik either. I need to inform him of this but his phone is with me."

Cabir realized the situation. "Don't worry. I'll go to Manik and tell him everything. Relax."

Even though Cabir had assured her that everything would be okay but Nandini couldn't calm her nerves. Her heart was beating unusually fast. She was scared thinking what would happen when Manik would come here. Everyone was still angry with him and it was her engagement too. She couldn't imagine everyone's reaction. She was only praying so that things went well.

Cabir went to meet Manik. He told Manik everything. Both of them came to Malhotra Mansion together. Everyone was shocked to see Manik.

"Manik! Where did you go?" Bhavna's eyes teared up seeing Manik.

Manik smiled shortly seeing her. "Chachi, you all are getting Nandini engaged? I....."

His words were cut by Shreekant. "I fixed Nandini's engagement." His voice was stern.

"Dad...."

"Yes, me."

Manik closed his eyes and calmed himself knowing it's not the right time to lose his temper. It would only worsen the situation. He walked towards Shreekant and stood in front of him. "Nandini isn't happy with the relationship."

"You're speaking about Nandini's happiness?" He smiled sarcastically looking at Manik. "Seriously! You shouldn't even take her name. Before commenting on her happiness look at yourself and think what you have done to her."

Nandini came down there hearing all the shouting and Manik's voice. She knew she had to stop them right now else the matter would go out of their hands and then they wouldn't be able to do anything. "Papa, Manik has told me everything."

"He must have cooked some story to you to melt you."

Manik looked at Shreekant in disbelief. "Dad, you are misunderstanding me. Let me explain the situation please."

"Shut up!" Shreekant showed his palm to Manik. "You won't say anything more. I don't want to hear a word from you. You've already humiliated us a lot. Now we don't need you here anymore. Nandini will get engaged to Smaran only. That too today. This is my final decision."