Chapter 26

Disappointed.....
I am highly disappointed with the response in last chapter. Have you guys lost interest in this book? Should I end it?

Ig id- theshimmery_star
Follow me to get more updates and insiders about my books.

👇🏻

It was the day of Manan's engagement. A lot of hustle bustle going on around the Malhotra house. Everyone were busy in doing something or other thing.

Nandini and Alya were in their room.

"Nandu." Alya called her out in an extra sweet tone.

"Hmm." Nandini looked at her.

Alya made a sad face. "Will you shift to Manik's room after you will get married to him?"

Nandini smiled and held her hand. They have been staying together since the time they have been kids. So, it's difficult for both of them to separate their room all of a sudden. "Alya, this is just our engagement and you are already making me emotional. That's not fair. I am already very nervous and don't worry, we are going to stay in the same house. So, we can have a night stay any time."

Alya smiled patting her back. "Don't take much tension. Everything will be fine. Also you know all of us, specially Manik already. Now tell me how am I looking?"

"Superb." Nandini looked at her with a bright smile.

"Thank you." Suddenly she looked at Nandini with a teasing smile which Nandini noticed. "Manik didn't come to meet you today till now. What's so different today? In other days, he always sticks to you. No matter what we say, he never leaves."

That time only there was a knock on the door. Alya went and opened the door. There was Manik standing with his all time charming aura. Alya turned back and winked at Nandini.

Alya pretended to be serious. "Whom did you come to meet?"

Manik glared at her and passed a sarcastic smile to her. "Move away from here." He started walking inside the room.

Alya made a 'haw' face. "Manik, stop. Where are you going? Don't you know you can't meet Nandini now?"

Manik was in no mood to hear anything. He tried to move away. He was looking really serious. "I need to speak something important to Nandini."

No matter how important it is. You can't talk to her now. Come later." Alya muttered in a stern tone and closed and the door.

Manik banged the door few time but no one opened the door. He went back being frustrated.

E V E N I  N G
"Pari, here you go with your chocolates." Manik handed over some chocolates to her. Even though he was smiling, it didn't reach his eyes.

Pari became excited seeing the chocolates. "Thank you."

"Did you see Nandini anywhere?" Manik rubbed his nape.

Pari started munching one of the chocolates. Her whole concentration was on it only. "Yes. She is getting ready with Alya di."