Chapter 25

Hi! How are you all doing? This time I am a bit late than usual. I was a bit busy with my family.

Ig id- theshimmery_star

👇🏻

Nandini heard Manik's car horn. She came to his room and sat on the bed. Her gaze fell on the bed side table. There was so many half eaten cigarettes. She frowned as Manik never smoke so much. She mentally noted to talk about it to Manik.

Manik entered into his room and he saw Nandini was there already. At first he was a little shocked but a beautiful smile formed on the corner of his lips.

"What's the matter, Miss Teddy Bear?" Manik stopped beside her.

Nandini rolled her eyes and threw a stern look to him. "Where were you whole day?"

Manik took off his coat and threw it on one side. "I was in office. Then while returning, I met a few of my old friends. I was talking to them and got late. I didn't realize."

"Oh."

Manik sat beside her. "What happened, Nandini? You are looking really upset. Has something happened?"

Nandini didn't say anything. Silent tears were falling from her eyes.

Manik held her face and turned her towards him. "Nandu, I don't like it at all. You are not even talking to me. What's the matter? Tell me."

Nandini was still silent crying.

Manik wiped the tears from her eyes. "Nandu, I have asked you so many times that don't cry like this. Now tell me what happened?"

"I called you in the morning but your phone was busy. Later when I called you it was switched off. I tried calling you so many times but couldn't reach you. Do you have any idea about how worried I was."

"I saw you called me. I was about to call you but before that only my phone became switched off. The battery was dead." 

Nandini moved away her face. "Everyone says like this only."

"Nandini... Everyone..." Manik let out a sigh. "You are taking me wrong. I didn't ignore you intentionally."

"Then why didn't you call me or anyone with someone else's phone?"

"Nandini, I was not with Cabir or Aryaman. Also I don't remember any of your phone numbers. So, I couldn't call."

"Sorry."

"Sorry? Why?" Manik became confused.

"I misunderstood you that's why. I was just worried."

"Oh. But you know your sorry can be better?" Manik grinned naughtily.

Nandini had a confused smile on her face. "Sorry can be better? How?"

"Like this."

Manik pulled her near him holding her waist. Nandini's hands went around his neck and he placed his lips on hers. They had a slow yet passionate kiss. When they both were out of breath, they broke the kiss.

Nandini got back her normal breath. "Did you have your lunch?"

"Hmm. What about you?"