Chapter 38

Malhotra Mansion was filled with people. They were having fun but the people of this house wasn't happy at all. They were gloomy in the happy occasion. Sometimes it's better to leave everything on time as it says time fixes everything.

Nyonika and Shreekant was in their room. Shreekant was getting ready whereas Nyonika was only looking at him in disbelief. She couldn't bear his husband behaving all heartless with their son and Nandini. She knew Manik was terribly wrong from his side. He had hurt Nandini a lot. But when she was ready to move on with him and give another chance to him, then why should they interfere among them.

"How can you be so selfish, Shree?" Nyonika asked not able to control herself.

Shreekant didn't turn towards her. He knew what she was talking about but he decided to ignore it. "What are you talking about? I don't get you."

Nyonika passed a disbelief look to him. "Manik had come here to resolve the matter. But what did you do? You asked him to leave from here. You asked him not to have any connection with Nandini. How can you do this to both of them?"

"If it was before , then I could not have done this but now I have to. Your son didn't leave me with any other choices. I can't let him hurt Nandini again." Shreekant replied in a stern tone. "I will suggest you to accept Smaran as Nandini's husband. Then things will be easier."

"I'm thinking of Manik. I don't know where he is in which condition. His phone is also come unreachable." Nyonika's motherly instinct raised which forced her to think all the negative thoughts. She was afraid for her son that might do something wrong in anger.

For a moment, Shreekant also got worried for Manik. But he managed to masked that feeling. "Don't worry. He must be fine wherever he is. Stop thinking much of him else you'll fall sick once again and everyone will get busy with you leaving marriage preparation."

Nyonika had no words to say. She couldn't believe her ears that he was actually speaking all this. She inhaled a long breath. "Why shouldn't I worry? He is my son, Shree. I can't be heartless like you."

Shreekant didn't say anything more. He went out of the room.

In Nandini's room
The whole house was filled with hustle bustle. Everyone was running around for the preparation. But most of the family members didn't have any heart to all this. They were trying to act all normal but it was the last thing in their mind. They were worried about Manik and Nandini.

All the chaos of the house didn't touch one soul present there. She was oblivious of her surroundings, lost completely in her own thoughts. That's Nandini.

Nandini was with Alya in her room. She was making Nandini ready. Nandini was sitting in front of the mirror. She was staring at her reflection in the mirror but she didn't notice anything happening around.

"Shouldn't the day of engagement be one of the most memorable days in a girl's life? It's. It's memorable for me too. But I'm sure no one would like to make it memorable in this way. This occasion seemed no less than a nightmare to me. I had dreamt a lot for this day but there's nothing going on accordingly. I have always thought that I will get ready only for Manik. See the irony, here I'm getting ready for someone else." - Nandini thought in mind and smiled sarcastically on her own fate. She didn't notice when a tear escaped from her eyes.

Alya noticed Nandini. She wrapped her arms around Nandini's shoulder. "Nandini, please don't cry else I'll also cry with you. Please."

Before Nandini could say anything someone knocked the door. Alya opened the door and it was Nyonika.