Chapter 39

Suddenly they heard the door of Manik's room being opened. They turned back.

"Manik!!!" His name escaped from her lips as her eyes went wide seeing the person there.

Manik also looked back and they both were shocked.

Soha was standing there!!!

She looked furious. . . . .

The look on her face was not giving them good vibe.

They had a feeling that something was going to be wrong.

Manik hurriedly registered the situation. He knew he had to take charge and do something else Soha might end up harming Nandini or do something wrong to herself. So, he tried to take over the situation. "Soha, actually you. . . . ."

Soha didn't let him speak. She cut him and yelled angrily. She was fuming looking at Manik and Nandini. The scene of how Manik and Nandini were standing was roaming in her mind. "Stop!!!" She was passing deadly looks to Nandini.

"Soha, please listen to me. It's not the way you are thinking. Let me..."

Manik tried to reason the situation to handle her and was moving towards her but Soha was in no mood to hear anything, she was only going back. Suddenly she turned back and started running towards her room. Before anyone could do anything, she locked the door from inside. Manik also ran behind her but he couldn't reach her. He was banging on her door. He was asking her to open the door and listen to him once but there was no sound from inside. Hearing the noise, Anurag and Prerna also came there.

"What happened, Manik? Why are you shouting like this?" Anurag asked in a confused tone.

"Yes. What happened to Soha? Nandini was with you, right? Did she say anything to Soha? Why did you close the door inside? Please say something, Manik." Prerna started panicking.

"Actually the thing is...." Manik explained the whole situation to Anurag and Prerna.

They started panicking more hearing everything. They knew of Soha's condition. Manik was her obsession. She tried to kill herself just because Manik didn't pick up her calls and here she witnessed him with someone else. It wouldn't be a surprise to them, if she tried doing something like this again. That was the only fear of her parents.

Anurag started knocking on the door. "Soha, please open the door. Listen to us once, baby. Manik is right here. Baby, listen to your papa. Open the door."

Nandini was there too. She was in shock with the sudden change of the situation. She didn't know how to react. One side her relationship with Manik was at stake and now Soha was acting like this. She walked closer to Manik and held his arm. "Manik, please do something. As far as I have noticed her condition, she might try harming herself again." Her voice was shivering with fear as she mumbled to Manik.

Manik patted her shoulder. "Nandini, relax. Everything will be okay. Don't panick." Then he went to Anurag. "Uncle, I don't think Soha will hear us like this. She won't open the door. We need to break it before she does anything wrong."

Anurag gulped but nodded. He agreed with Manik. Anurag and Manik pushed the door with all their forces. They tried a few times and finally it was broken. They ran inside Soha's room at that instant and saw Soha was standing on the railing of the veranda. Nandini and Prerna too followed them.