Chapter - 10 Mirrors

Chapter- 10 : Mirrors

They had finally arrived on a new floor. They all walked out of the elevator slowly. The new location was cold, even colder than the previous one, darker, and more misty.

However, this location has something that the former does not have.

Mirrors of various sizes and clarity are hung on the walls. There were mirrors in square, circle, oval, and other shapes. There are many of them, and it's unsettling to see and be there with all of those things scattered in every inch of the walls.

Finland took his time looking at the man in his arms. His eyes are swollen and red from crying. Germany is dead, but he couldn't let go of him. He wasn't ready to let him go. Because he knows that the moment he does, the familiar scent and touch will vanish forever.

"Fin.."

Canada called out his name and Finland could only glance at the man who called him. Canada gave him a soft eyes before speaking in soft but cautious tone.

"Let's find him a place to rest.."

He offered.

Finland's eyes welled up again when he heard the word rest, and he was unable to respond to Canada.

When Canada and the others saw this, America sighed softly.

"Finland, we need to go.. we'll come back for him... I promise that.."

Canada said this before gently touching Finland's shoulders and shaking it gently. Attempting to rouse the man and force him to make a decision. A decision they expect him to choose.

Finland cast a quick glance at the pale man in his arms. He inhaled deeply as his eyes trembled. He is aware that keeping him longer is wrong. He promised Germany that he would make sure he would get a good sleep. A sleep from which he won't be able to wake up to.

Finland finally agreed, his lips trembling as his decision will be no longer reversible.

"okay..."

Canada's eyes grew softer with sympathy and understand. Then, while holding Germany in his arms, he led Finland in search of a location that can serve as Germany's final resting place. A place that can not disturb Germany's rest.

The three men are left waiting for their return on their own.

America, China and Philippines stayed quiet, processing what had happened. America nibbled his nails, China looking and checking the mirrors and Philippines standing quietly, watching the empty elevator where Germany had died while thinking deeply on what to do next.

"Damn, I'm so handsome.."

China said, loud enough to caught the attention of the other men. America raised brow at the sudden words and Philip smirked.

"Uh.. sorry.. this is the first time I saw myself clearly.."

He explained, trying to get out of the awkward situation that could lead in misunderstanding.

"Yeah.. we know."

Philippines said as he try to assure China that it's okay. China liked what he heard and gave Philippines a big pat in the head while having a satisfied smile in his face.

America hearing the reason of China's weird words, he stepped in, near towards another mirror. The mirror was oval and is clear. Except for the one crack on the middle.

America could see himself. His silver shade of hair, his ocean deep blue eyes and scarless face made his eyes go wide in surprise.

"Oh.."