Chapter - 12 The Imposter

Chapter - 12: The Imposter

*****

Six people are laying down in the freezing, dark room. Estonia, Ukraine, Taiwan, Belgium, Mexico, and Martial. They were all unconscious until Mexico awoke first and roused the others from their deep sleep.

The voice gave them a request, a task to complete in order to get them out of the mysterious location. Ukraine outwitted the voice every time they were given a task or request.

They continue to pass each request made to them, thanks to Ukraine's quick thinking. Everything was going well, and the group is confident that they will meet their objectives. That is, to be free.

The group arrived on a new floor, which was covered in mirrors. They all sprang into action and investigated each corner of the new floor. Martrial received a letter from the voice.

'Kill Ukraine and the others. Every one of them. You should be the one to spill their blood end end their lives. Once you're done, you will be able to meet your brother and both of you will gain freedom that you wish for.'

At the sudden request, Martial was appalled. The voice also said that he has a brother, which is even more horrifying. He is aware that it could be a trick, but what if he were telling the truth? What would happen if his brother really was in trouble. Martial eventually chose not to accept this dubious task. He is incapable of accomplishing it, unable to do such devious action. But he couldn't help but feel depressed for his brother if he were indeed real...

A door nearby him suddenly opened at that moment. A large mirror was visible when he went inside to look around. It's obvious that the mirror is very old because it's reflection is not clear.

Martial raised his head and looked at the mirror's frame. It was enormous. Martial's entire body can be seen. Martial moved closer as his heartbeat increased in volume and speed. He is compelled to reach out and touch the mirror. He was unable to explain the feeling, the peculiar urge to approach the mirror. His hand briefly touched the surface of the mirror even though it was only a few inches away from him.

He felt a pain in his head as soon as his skin touched the mirror. Martial sprang to his knees and gasped for air as a result of an electric pain. Martial finally understands the truth after a minute has passed. For some reason, he suddenly remembered things. Though quick, it was still all clear.

He recalled his Brother.

His only and dearest baby brother

He will not allow anything to happen to him.

And the people he was with were the same people he had never gotten along with before. He never liked them for the right reasons.

There, he heard a voice ask him again if he was sure he wanted to decline the request.

Martial closed his eyes and looked down into his hands. Reflecting on the time he has spent prior to this and what is currently happening. After the reflecting, Martial finally decided what he needs to do.

Hearing the Final decision of the man, the voice was happy. A gun was dropped in the floor. A gun with 20 bullets and a knife. Martial took it. He hid the gun and the knife under his shirt. His face turned cold and emotionless as he build up a plan of what he needs to do.

Martial returned to his group, who were all smiling as they waited for him. Martial's heart grew cold; he couldn't feel the same way he did when he was with these people after their long journey in this horrible place.