You Know He Is

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

Ashton sighed with a breath of relief, sitting himself on the floor of the recreation room with his bag beside him and his ice pack still pressed soothingly to his face.
He leaned his head back against the wall as Michael sat down against the wall opposite him, the room small enough to be a cosy fit for them.

Michael hugged his bag in his lap, resting his chin on top of it and finding comfort in its familiarity.

"Does Mr Klei really have pictures?" He eventually asked, calmed by the ambience of the room; colours moulded together in gentle patterns, little lights and toys bringing him out of his hurt.

Ashton stared at his friend for a moment, unsure as to whether he should respond properly or not.

"Um... yeah." He decided on the truth, awkward as he looked down briefly. "He has heaps."

"Like... bad ones?"

"Most are just pervert shots." Ashton muttered and Michael frowned with worry at the dull and distant tone Ashton had. "There's a couple bad ones."

"How'd you know about them?"

"He uh, well-" Ashton chuckled nervously, "-there was this one time-"

"You didn't sex with him, did you?" Michael blurted, wide eyed.

"Ugh-" Ashton rolled his eyes "-just say fuck. And no. No, I did not fuck that ugly disgusting mountain of perverted flesh."

"He bashed my head into the wall and took a photo." Ashton stated it as though it meant nothing.

Michael was silent for a moment, staring at his friend in disbelief.
"A-And you didn't tell the principal?!"

"Well excuse me if the principal hates my dumb ass." Ashton huffed.

Michael sat up, abandoning his school bag in his old spot so he could sit beside Ashton. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why would I?" Ashton scoffed, trying to act casual. "I'm a slut, no one actually gives a shit what I do."

"That's not true." Michael crossed his legs beneath himself, happy that he was back with his best friend.

Fighting with Ashton always felt like a splinter deep behind his eye, digging into his brain and bleeding him like a leech to flesh. It was agonising and impossible to pull free without Ashton's dangerous pink nails pulling it out for him.

"I care." He gave a small adorable smile. "You're my best friend, I'll always care."

"Look, whatever, it doesn't matter." Ashton dismissed.