Chapter 12

Previously:

As they brought in another doctor, they closed the door and curtains, and examined my cuts more. I winced every time they placed their hand on my right side, and breathed in deeply every time they asked what happened. But the only thing that I ever asked was if (Y/N) was going to be okay.

Now...

(Y/N)'s pov

I woke up in a room with white walls, and a glass door with window walls on my right. I also saw a heart rate monitor standing next to my bed. I felt something shift on my bed, and I turned my head to the right to see Jack sleeping with his arms and head on my bed, right hand holding mine. I couldn't speak, so I didn't.

I sat there and closed my eyes, too weak to do anything. I laid my head back on my pillow as Jack shifted his position. I heard some sniffles, and when I opened my eyes again, Jack was holding his head in his hands. I lift my hand to grab his, and when I do, he jumps a little.

He looked at me, tears and tiredness in his eyes. I could tell he hasn't slept in a long time.

After a moment of silence, he grabbed my shoulders, and pulled me in for a hug. He held on tight to me while he breathed a sigh of relief.

"(Y/N), you're awake! I thought that you were gone! But you're awake!" he cried. I hugged him back, wincing at the pain. But I was glad he was here. He loosened his grip but didn't let go of me as we stayed like that for what felt like hours. When he pulled back, the tears were falling down his face. I stared at him, confused.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked. Jack stared at me for a long while before he finally spoke. "You've been in a coma for..." I stared at him as he scratched the back of his neck. He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips. I could feel his shaggy breaths, which just told me he was worried for a long time.

"You, Pitch and Sandy were all fighting. Both you and Sandy were hit. But..." he looked down, and didnt speak for a while. The things I remembered from the fight, was me and Sandy being hit by Pitch's arrows. Me and Sandy both fell, but I fell from the sky, while Sandy turned.

"After the fight with Pitch, you injured yourself badly. Me and Tooth tried to get to you fast, but we weren't fast enough. You fell in the alleyway, and never woke up. You started losing blood really fast. So North gave me a globe to bring you here. A man helped me with you, but they said you had a high chance of not living.

"They took you away, and I couldn't stop thinking about you. It took forever for them to declare that you were going to be okay. You were in a coma for weeks." He lowered his head, and I could tell he was crying.

"I thought you were dead," he said, covering his face. I smiled and reached for his hand. When I touched his hand, he lifted his head and smiled. "I know I shouldn't be so concerned, but I felt like it was all my fault. I didn't even get healed because I was so worried about you." He chuckled and lifted his hoodie to show scars, yellow bruises, and scabs on his abdomen.

Before I could get a closer look, he lowered his hoodie. "Thank you," was all I could say without it hurting. He pulled me in for another hug, and his cold hands gave me full comfort.

He then got up from his sitting position, and pulled his hood on, tightening the drawstring. He looked out the window, and sadness and confusion crossed his face. He looked back at me and leaned in, kissing my forehead. "Listen, I know this may not be a perfect time, but..." He looked down and put his hands in his pockets, then immediately took them out.

"I don't want to loose you. I know we don't know eachother really well, but..." He walked over to the window and opened it, climbing out to the wondow ledge. "You mean alot to me, (Y/N)."

With that, Tooth passed by the window, and Jack followed. I sat in silence, staring at the window, thinking about what Jack said. Did he really mean what he said? Why did he say that? Was he really that concerned for me? I couldn't ask him. And I was too weak to do anything. I closed my eyes, letting the cold winter breeze and moonlight rush into my room.

Until I heard a familiar yet terrifying laugh.