Chapter 6

Sitting in the hospital, I realize that there is no way my mom is going to allow me to go outside for a while.
"Mom, am I sleeping here tonight? How long am I going to be here?" I couldn't resist to ask.

"Yes, you are going to be sleeping here tonight. You're probably going to be here for a couple of days." She replied
Damn! How am I going to test my experiment? This is going to suck for me.

My mother handed me my backpack. There, I had over five books. I took out the one that had the most paranormal feel to it. I read and read, not paying attention to the time, it was 10:00pm. My mother said goodbye and headed home.

She was always able to leave me home alone with a bowl full of responsibility. I would usually just go into my living room and watch TV. Back then, cartoons were good unlike now.

After she left, I just continued to read until I got tired around 11:00pm.
I put the book away and asked a nurse to come and turn off the light for me. A few minutes after my mother left, a nurse told me that I shouldn't get out of bed for a while, just in case something happens. I moved slowly to get comfortable on the bed without killing myself with all of these tubes sticking out of me. This was going to be a while, considering I sleep on my side.

Darkness. Darkness, that's all there is at night. Tapping, my eyes shot open with fright. "It's just the wind." I whispered to myself like I always did when I was younger. It's just trees tapping against the window. I reassured myself. Of course there is going to be tapping. There are going to be trees as tall as the second floor.

Now that I think of it, it was a full moon. The one thing that bothered me is, there as no shadow of a tree on the wall. I, after a while fell asleep. The only dream I had was a nightmare of what happened in the coma. The nightmare was like it was on repeat. I can't seem to remember how many times it repeated until I woke up, but it was sure over ten.

The next morning I woke up. Dry, not sweating like I used to wake up when I was little. The one thing I remember is seeing something right before I fell asleep. It was massive and dark. It was darker than night it's self. It had no shape, it was a mist.

This thing also appeared Saturday night. The same way it had happened the first time. It's Sunday now, my mother and the doctors said I could leave and go home. I asked my mother who she had told about this. She told me that Shannon's mom and Jordan's mom knew. That didn't bother me, Shannon and Jordan are my best friends. Should I tell them about the dream I had while I was in that coma?
Whatever anyone knew about this, I knew more.

As I walked out, they stared at me, old, young, middle-aged, you name it. In the hallways, in the rooms, everywhere. I tried to ignore it but, it was their clothes. Some were new like they just came off the shelf, some were old looking like it had been worn in the 50's. As we walked into the lobby of the hospital, there were hundreds and hundreds of patients standing up, staring at me like the rest.

"Mom who are all these people?" I nervously asked.

She questioned "What people?"