Chapter 15

Shannon? Why was she in my backyard? Wait, this can't be real. Shannon's dead... but she's alive right in front of me. She started to walk toward the woods. When she got to the end of my back yard where the woods began, I was able to move. I walked over to her and started to try and talk to her.

"Shannon? Can you hear me? Talk to me!" I demanded. I tried to grab her shoulder. It didn't work, I couldn't move her. She got down onto both of her knees. I saw something come out of the corner of my eye. What I saw was a flash of light. I looked to the left to see my room. There was no light on. I knew exactly when this was.

What I was seeing was all what happened when Shannon died. I'm going to see how one of my only friends died? I really didn't want to see this. This wasn't how I wanted to know about her death. I would rather hear about her death than actually watch it happen. She had a drawstring backpack on and she then started to take it off of herself. She then opened it and took out a bowl and a piece of paper. She frequently checked to see if anyone saw her.

She placed the bowl on the ground and then she took out a knife that had a new leather cover over the blade. I tried and tried to yell at her to try to make her stop from doing what she was planning on doing. She then raised the knife to her left wrist. I heard her quiver and I saw her endure the pain. The blood dripped slowly into the bowl. She then un-crumbled the paper and started to read off of it. It wasn't in English is all I knew about the paper. After she finished she looked up and then quickly looked down at the bowl of blood. She had seen something or someone. Leaves started to crack at a steady pace. She dropped the paper and offered the bowl to what I say as no one and she aimed her head towards the ground. She was shaking and I could tell she was not prepared for what was about to happen. The bowl of blood was taken from her hands and when I saw who took it I jumped back afraid that he could see me. He didn't seem to notice me, so I waved my hand right in front of his face. Nothing. She told him something in what I think was the language she was speaking in earlier. He took the knife that she had placed on the ground and stabbed her. She screamed and fell over to her left.

"No!" I screamed. I looked over to Shannon's house to a light on and her mother standing in the window. She was terrified, I saw her cover her mouth with her hands and what I could tell is she screamed at the top of her lungs. She ran away from the window. She then came outside with a phone and started to talk. She was stuttering... I felt my heart drop. She saw her own daughter drop dead and she probably doesn't even know it was a murder. I turned around to look at Shannon's dead body, nothing was around her. The bowl, piece of paper, and knife were gone. I walked over to where they originally were and the only thing I saw was a small blood trail that I didn't think the police noticed when they had come and checked the scene. I turned back around to see Shannon's mother gone behind the fence. I tried to jump over the fence but, instead I fell right through. I got back up and saw her sitting there crying her eyes out. Her hands covering all of her face.

"I knew this would happen." I heard her whisper. I stared at her like she had just killed someone. What the hell did she mean by she knew that this would happen? I grew mad,

"How come everyone knows something I don't?!" I screamed with pure anger. I looked around and saw everything go to static. I was now in a blank white room. I started to run forward until I hit a wall. I got back up and started to follow the wall until I meet another wall. I continued to follow the wall until I stopped when I felt a door knob. I opened the door.