Prologue

Hi, my name is Brian Hill. The story you're about to read is everything I can explain about the afterlife. There are things that I had never heard about until I experienced all of it myself. Anyway, there are some things you should know about me. I'm 15 years old turning 16 in February.

I love listening to music and doing a few normal teenage thing like playing video games and writing stories. My world isn't like the average 15 year old freshman's. My life is filled with crazy conspiracies theories, ghosts, seeing the dead... Yeah, seeing the dead and that's just the beginning of it all. I used to think that they were all just jokes, stories you tell children just to scare them but, they're actually real.

One of my friends, Michael, never believed me until one day when I was at his house. I told him I saw a young woman in the living room sitting on the couch in front of the TV. I explained to him what she looked like and he looked kind of mad. He thought I was trying to bring up the fact that whoever it was, was dead. I explained to him that I had never known who it was until one day he showed me a picture of his sister. His sister had died before I ever met her, she was a lot older than us.

Anyway, I've gotten to know a few neighbors and make friends with them. There is a girl that lives next to me named Shannon, there is also another boy like me on the other side of Shannon's house. His name is Jordan. The kid that lives on the other side of my house is a little annoying 9 year old named Damon. He's always spying on us when he is in his backyard and we are in my backyard. Sometimes I notice that it looks like he is holding a pen and paper, almost like he is taking notes.

I've started to notice that Shannon and Jordan are just like me. We have a lot in common, except when I bring up ghosts and try to get them to tell me a story or something, they always seem to act suspicious and share expressions with each other.

Now that you've heard me go on and on about Damon, I should tell you what's really been going on. I have no where else to write this, so I am telling you. I can't tell anyone because they would think I am crazy.