Chapter 4

The next few days were the same old same old. Harry nearly fell asleep in class a few times because he hadn't been sleeping well, but he saved his energy for his training sessions. The match against Ravenclaw was in just a few days.

Draco found himself becoming more and more obsessed with Harry Potter. He found himself looking at the drawing he had made and imagining that the eyes in the drawing were actually looking at Draco with that kind of love. Like that would ever happen. All he looks at me with is anger.

On the morning of the match, the Great Hall was buzzing with excited chatter.

"Come on Harry. Eat something." Hermione pushed.

"I'm not hungry, 'Mione. Give it up." Hermione grimaced, but let him be.

Soon, both teams stood and when they did, the Hall burst into applause. The teams walked out of the Hall and towards the Pitch.

People quickly finished their meals and followed them down, chattering excitedly.

"Come on Draco. We don't want to be late." Pansy said, holding her hand out. Draco helped himself up and let go of her hand as soon as possible.

They walked down to the Pitch and found seats in the stands. In the changing rooms, Harry was giving his team a pep talk.

"Sorry Harry, but there's no way you can beat Wood's old pep talks." George said in mock sadness. Fred shook his head sadly.

"Yeah. We'll miss the guy. But I guess you'll do." They broke into identical grins and patted Harry on the back.

"Anyway," Harry continued, "we can beat Ravenclaw. I think we have a great team and no matter what happens, we tried our best. And we'll beat the shit out of Slytherin if they give us hell." They all cheered, then stood and walked out of the changing rooms, grinning.

The field erupted into applause when the players walked onto it. When the balls were released and Madam Hooch blew her whistle, Harry shot up snd started searching for the snitch.

The Ravenclaw Beater, McKinlly, aimed a bludger at his head, but it missed by inches. Harry had ducked down just as he saw it coming. He dipped down and scanned the field, seeing no sign of the small gold ball.

He soared back up and his stomach plummeted when he saw the Ravenclaw Seeker diving to the ground. It's too early! He can't have found it yet!

Harry dived down and kept willing his broom to go faster. Soon, he was neck and neck with the Ravenclaw Seeker and he could see the snitch just inches from his fingers. Faster!

He stretched his arm and the Ravenclaw Seeker, Richard Glen, did the same. Harry stretched his arm as far as it would go and felt his fingers close around the ball. Just in time, too.

He looked at the ground and saw that they were swiftly approaching it, and pulled out of the dive just in time. Glen wasn't so lucky.

A thud reverberated throughout the stadium and Glen had to be carried up to the castle on a stretcher formed by Professor Flitwick.

Harry held up the snitch and the stadium erupted into cheers. His team pulled him to the ground and all collapsed on top of him in a group hug.

Madam Hooch blew her whistle and the team started walking back to the castle. The whole of Gryffindor house met up with them and carried them up to the Common Room on their shoulders. Harry laughed and grabbed Alicia's hand and she smiled at him.

That night, Gryffindor house partied and drank so much butterbeer, many people wanted to throw up. Fred and George winked at Harry as they emerged from a tapestry supporting yet another crate between them.