Be Somebody (songshot)

Kai sat at the edge of the cliff.

All alone.

And he started to remember the good times and the bad times.

The happy and the sad days.

His team.

He felt like the boy he had been when he started to become a Ninja, inside of the man he now was.

He wasn't exactly what the world thought he was.

He thought about all the steps they had taken and he was trying to trace them back.

"Kai, we want to leave!", Wu suddenly called, coming closer.

Kai turned around and sighed.

"Wu, I gotta thank you. I'm just a speck inside your head, you came and made me who I am. I remember where it all began so clearly", he smiled, standing up.

Kai felt a million miles away as they got onto the boat.

Kai knew, that his team created him, something he would've never seen.

There had been times where Kai had only seen the floor, but they had made his window a door.

And when people said they didn't believe the Ninjas fixed it again.

All the lights were down, the city so far away, Kai was the words, they were the sound. A strange type of chemistry.

Kai looked at his laughing team on the floor.

"Guys, I think you truly have become a part of me. And even when I want to be alone at nights, your thoughts burn through me like my fire, you're the only ones who know who I really am", he laughed a little, a happy laugh.

"Yeah, well, we're just great!" ,Jay smirked, leaning back a little, onto Coles arm.

Cole pulled said arm away and Jay landed on his back.

"What were you talking about?", Kai then asked.

Lloyd shrugged:"about how we all wanna be somebody"

Nya chirped in:"We just need a taste of who we are, I guess"

They all wanted to be somebody.

Zane looked up at the stars and said:"We're willing to go, but how far?"

Cole joined Jay by lying down on his back.

"We're all see through just like glass", he whispered.

"And we can shatter just as fast", Lloyd added.

"Yeah, that lights been burned out for a while, but I still see it everytime we pass", Kai looked at his sister, than set down by her side.

"I lost it in the coldness of my mind, behind a box of reasons why. I never doubted it was there, just took a little time to find ", Zane then sighed.

"And even when I feel a million miles away, still you connect me in your way! And we created each other", Lloyd was smiling brightly.

"Something I never saw coming", Wu suddenly joined the conversation.

When one of the Ninjas could only see the floor, the others made their window a door.

"So when creatures say they don't believe I hope that they see us", Nya announced.

"After all the lights go down", Lloyd started, then continued,"I'm just the words, you are the sound"

"A strange type of chemistry, indeed", Zane mumbled.

They had become parts of each other.

They never sat alone at night, cause their thoughts burned through them like Kais fire.

They were the only ones who knew who they really are, they all wanna be somebody.

They were sure they just needed a taste of who they are.

They were laughing and joking about how they want to become somebody, even though they already were because they were willing to go and they went far.

They all wanted to be somebody. They got a taste of who they were.

Now they were somebody. They were willing to go even farther.

"I'm just a boy inside a man, not exactly who they think I am", Lloyd eventually said, gazing at the stars.

"We're trying to trace our steps back here again, so many times" , Nya stated.

"When I could only see the floor you made my window a door", Cole noticed in utter amazement.

~~~

After sending them all to bed Wu looked at his Ninjas in their beds and whispered:"So when they say they don't believe I hope that they see you and me"