Chapter 9 Full Moon Madness, New merpeople, and a new weapon

A month later another full moon is around the corner as our heroes begin to prepare for the battle ahead. Sirena says since you both became merpeople like Evie did when she had her tail and powers we would normally take you to the moon pool to help you both overcome moon spells but now due to Aurora's control over the island we have to be careful now. Meanwhile on Mako Island inside of the old merman chamber Aurora is at her throne with her trident scheming about how she plans to take over the world using the power of Mako. Aurora says no mermaid or merman will oppose me once I have taken over the world & the whole island. Back at the Grotto Sirena says to Evie, Lyla, Nixie, Mimmi, Ondina, Zac, & Weilan about keeping Jennifer & Mark away from Mako ‪at night tonight‬. Mark asks Rita is there a weapon that can help us in our fight against Aurora? Rita says there is a legend of a sword created by the mermaids & merman who locked the trident away that they made made to combat the effects of the trident. This sword is hidden on Mako Island in another undiscovered chamber. This sword unlike the trident can't steal a mermaid or merman's powers, and there's a spell that prevents anyone who's evil from welding it. It can welded by both mermaids & mermen with pure hearts it can also restore what was lost, even protect its welder & the people around them. Weilan said maybe this sword can restore Evie's powers & tail as well as the mermaids from the Eastern Pod who lost their powers & tails at the hands of Aurora when she turned Nerissa into the dragon. Jennifer asks where is this chamber at? Rita says according to rumors it's rumored to be undernear the moon pool. Mark asks how are going to go to Mako without being detected by Aurora? Rita says there is a spell that allows you and anyone to go undetected by anyone who has the power to detect other merpeople. Mark comes up with a plan and says Jen, you back me up as I go into the chamber to get the sword, while Lyla, Mimmi, Nixie, Ondina, Sirena, Weilan, & Zac will provide protection against any of Aurora's guards. Rita says that's a good plan Mark as Mimmi knows a lot spells that can help out. However the full moon will be in effect are you sure you want to go through with this plan? Mark says yes let the full moon take control of Jen & I which will take us to the moon pool and to the sword's chamber. Hours later the full moon rises our heroes set out for Mako Island. Lyla, Mimmi, Nixie, Ondina, Sirena, Weilan, & Zac stand by to protect Jennifer & Mark as they go to the moon pool and swim deep down until they find a portal which leads to another chamber. What they don't know is that Aurora has a sinister plan under her sleeve to set up a trap for Jennifer & Mark. Aurora casts a spell over Marth & Lexi to go into the pool in the Grotto. Which Jack & Nancy spot and go after them. All 4 are teleported to the moon pool and they are surrounded by magical sparkles as the moonlight touches them. Meanwhile in the other chamber Mark finds the sword in the middle of chamber. He swims over to it and grabs it as he and Jennifer swim back to the portal. Back in the moon pool they find that Marth, Lexi, Jack, & Nancy in the moon pool they work together to swim out to the reef with unexpected help from Neptina, Amaris, Ava, Jewel, & Naia who had snuck out of the grotto to help our heroes out. At the reef by the island Lyla, & crew defeated a group of evil mermaids & mermen. Then Evie comes with Cam, David, & Carly in a boat to help take Jack, Lexie, Marth, & Lexie back to Rita's. Back at Rita's they talk about how the mission was a success but however also about Jack, Nancy, Lexi, & Marth were in the moon pool during the full moon how they were also helped to safety by the hatchlings. Weilan says Mark now let's see if the sword will give Evie her powers & tail back. Mark says only one way to find out. Rita gives Evie a moon ring as Mark holds the sword up into the air and a blast of blue energy hits Evie. Zac asks did it work Evie? Evie says here goes as she uses her moon ring to see if she can lift a object into the air. It worked Evie replied and Rita says now let's see if your tail is back too. Nixie pours water onto Evie and then she transforms back into a mermaid for the first time since the fight with the dragon in the moon pool. The sword worked it restored what Evie lost. Now the Eastern Pod is next we will do that tomorrow. Jennifer says we got to monitor Jack, Nancy, & my kids since they were in the moon pool during a full moon. The next day Jack, Nancy, Lexi, and Marth after touching water all transform into mermaids & mermen. Jack & Marth get blue tails just like Mark & Zac's while Nancy & Lexi get orange tails & tops just like Jennifer's.