Chapter 11

"The central defect of evil is not sin but the refusal to acknowledge sin." - Scott Peck

Air Kingdom
White Castle

Cara's POV

The celebration's still going on outside but most of Artemis and Heaven's guests have retired to their rooms... including us.

My once-shy prince decided to make the chamber comfortable. By saying comfortable, I mean him turning the room into his very own jungle lair. Soft flower and vines now covered the bed. Curtain-like leaves strewn together with vines hang on the ceiling and a thick part made a nest around the bed. The perpetrator's currently in lion form, dozing off in a heavy sleep after curling around me.

Something's telling me he did this to impress me, which is quite ambitious of me.

Or The Leon's making a den for his mate.

My face heated at the thought. Nope, definitely not.

I left him sleeping in the room, trying to find Artemis. I felt a bad energy earlier after leaving the group. It was like a curse being cast, and there are only two witches powerful enough to cast a spell undetected to most people. The Wiccan siblings certainly own that magic or curse. We angels have the natural ability to feel imbalance between good and evil.

I felt Artemis' presence in the room at the far end of their chamber and saw her watching a vision in the Earth Kingdom. Prince Eldrin, Alex's brother, specifically. He's making out with an earth she-elf, who is already married. I noticed the curse slipping inside him and felt the imbalance by just looking at him.

Impotence.

Cursing a crown prince with impotence, who likes sleeping around, is the best way for him to lose his crown. Women will talk about it, it will reach the ears of the elders and ESDC who will want someone who can continue the bloodline as king. Alexander will be an option or a better candidate for them. However, his parents will probably bribe the elders and ESDC in order to keep the throne. The curse is merely a bomb plotted. It has to be detonated in order to start a chain reaction.

"I know about the curse," she flinched when I spoke behind her.

She turned to look at me, not even feeling a little bit of regret. I should thank her and let the imbalance pass.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure Alexander will be crowned as the true king of the Earth Kingdom. That is the least I can do to repay my debt." I smiled, expressing my gratitude.

She just smiled, "He will never ask for anything from you. It was his desire to help you."

"I know, but I want to be with him until he's where he belongs. He's a good man and he will be a great king. I will do everything to make him just that, and thank you for starting the chain reaction. I'll make sure that man and his high and mighty parents will be kissing the dirt one by one." I said firmly, the last part pertaining to Eldrin and the Earth king and queen.

My last testimony before leaving made her laugh. The woman will surely turn Heaven's world upside-down. I wish I could be as brave, strong, intelligent and compassionate as her. I may do well with the first three, Alex can fulfill the compassionate part.

"Where were you?"

Speaking of Alex... Oops.

I felt something akin to rejection, nervousness, and possessiveness mixing in the air around the room. As weird as it sounds, I can feel he really did redecorate the room to impress me and thought I didn't like it that's why I left.

My poor furry baby.

I felt the vines wrapping around my waist pulling me closer to lion Alex who started sniffing my neck. He shifted back to his elf form but his eyes remained the lion's eyes, squinting at my form. He hovered over me, watching me closely. I laid down gently on the bed and he liked it. The vines moved beneath me, trapping my wrists and ankles gently. His hungry eyes raked my form until he's satisfied, then he caressed my face gently.

"Did you like our room? I made it for you."

See? He's making a den!

"I love it," His eyes shone bright green, fangs elongating. "But..."

That's when his face fell. Sorry.

"Don't you think we should get intimate when we're at home? Back in Chrysanthemum Estate, not here in the White Castle?"

Like hello, people could walk in and see this compromising position we're in. Besides, this room is not ours. We're only guests here. I don't think Heaven would enjoy cleaning a room full of vines and plants.

He contemplated for a while before nodding, "You're right. But did you really like it?" He asked again, making me laugh a little.

"Loved it. Now, where were we?"

He grinned mischieviously, "I was about to show you how I claim what's mine."

"And how do you claim what's yours Mighty Leon?" I asked playfully.

The vines let go of me as I wrapped my arms around him. His face buried in my neck, leaving a trail of kisses. I gasped when he bit the skin softly, making it tender by sucking. I shivered when he bit my neck, drawing blood. My wings automatically unrolled pair by pair. I moaned when he growled and his presence poured into my soul, unlocking a new part of me softly. A third pair of wings sprouted on my back gently, I felt no pain this time.

When his teeth pulled back from my skin I pulled his face closer to mine and kissed him deeply, pouring my own soul out for him. He responded with the same eagerness, and I tasted my own blood from his mouth.

I closed my eyes and felt his feelings reflected in my heart. Completeness. Devotion. Mine.

I pulled away slowly, looking deeply into his viridian eyes. My mouth parted as the realization sinked in; I grew a pair of wings and felt no pain. That only happens when you're bonded, because someone endures the pain with you. In my case, a very powerful man endured it for me, not with me. He did it through the earth stone. Is that why I know what he's feeling?

"W-We bonded... when?"

His face sombered, as if reliving something frightening in his memory. "When we're in the Immortal Tree, fighting the ogre who tore Jino's arm. You almost died. No, you died."

"What? I-I thought I just went unconscious and you managed to save me?" I asked wide-eyed.

He smiled sadly, "You know how I kept hinting that I want you. The earth stone have chosen you as queen long before I do. So when we felt you slipping away, we lost it. The stone bonded with you to try and pull your soul back to your body." A tear fell from his eyes as he traced the tender skin on my neck he just marked. My heart bled with his tears. "At first nothing happened. I saw red and bloody killed the ogre myself. Then you started breathing again and I knew right then I'll kill again to keep you by my side."

His lips captured mine again and I felt his desperation and love for me in the kiss. His lips trailed back to my neck and licked the mark. "Thank you, Alex. For saving me."

"You're mine, I'll gladly do it again." he whispered softly, kissing my temple. My only response was to cover the both of us with my three pair of wings.

I'm yours, my king.